Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Center Console Wrap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone purchase the vinyl wood console wrap from www.rpmtesla.com?
They have a woodgrain pattern that looks very close to the stock wood trim:
https://www.rpmtesla.com/product-pa...MIhJ_JuY223AIVl4RpCh1Z-AamEAAYASAAEgJXB_D_BwE

I'm just curious how well this matches the stock wood trim? They have two different wood tones: Gen 1 (lighter) and Gen 2 (darker), looks like the Gen 1 woodgrain looks like a better match and more attractive/realistic.

Looks interesting ? how well does it match the wood grain . Might lighten up the interior being all black. Hope it does not look "cheap".

Did anyone purchase the vinyl wood console wrap from www.rpmtesla.com?
They have a woodgrain pattern that looks very close to the stock wood trim:
https://www.rpmtesla.com/product-pa...MIhJ_JuY223AIVl4RpCh1Z-AamEAAYASAAEgJXB_D_BwE

I'm just curious how well this matches the stock wood trim? They have two different wood tones: Gen 1 (lighter) and Gen 2 (darker), looks like the Gen 1 woodgrain looks like a better match and more attractive/realistic.
I had seen that, thought it looked excellent but then I got cheap. I say go for it. It really looks cool.

I like the darker? version in your complete pic. But not the door controls part....that looks silly.

I intend to spend some time experimenting with different wood grain materials to find something that looks good.

Edit: Just purchased a ton of samples from my distributor.

Keep us posted. I'm really curious about what you come up with. I like the idea of matching wood grain center console, but I'm not sold on the option from RPM. I'm concerned it will look cheap.

I had my @Kenriko brushed black center console wrap installed and it looks amazing. The pics do not do it justice. The brushed black does not scuff or show dust. It really goes well with the interior and it would look even more amazing if I had the brushed black to cover the wood!! I had the body shop who did my car’s tint and PPF install it for me cause I was too chicken! It cost me $50 but it was worth the aggravation and stress I would out on myself to make it perfect. Now I need to install the door pieces but I’ll do that myself. :D

Attachments

• EB99870B-66D3-4975-B94A-B3C24AF3F67C.jpeg
    EB99870B-66D3-4975-B94A-B3C24AF3F67C.jpeg
    342.6 KB · Views: 313
  • 4E61F3A6-0EE0-405C-A52C-BDC3F169B7D8.jpeg
    4E61F3A6-0EE0-405C-A52C-BDC3F169B7D8.jpeg
    436.5 KB · Views: 284
  • EB27071E-9800-4486-8719-65BEFBA55C1E.jpeg
    EB27071E-9800-4486-8719-65BEFBA55C1E.jpeg
    395 KB · Views: 274
I had my @Kenriko brushed black center console wrap installed and it looks amazing. The pics do not do it justice. The brushed black does not scuff or show dust. It really goes well with the interior and it would look even more amazing if I had the brushed black to cover the wood!! I had the body shop who did my car’s tint and PPF install it for me cause I was too chicken! It cost me $50 but it was worth the aggravation and stress I would out on myself to make it perfect. Now I need to install the door pieces but I’ll do that myself. :D

Looks great, they did a good job on the install.

I've heard of shops charging $150 - $225 to do the same install from scratch so it seems in your case that it was still cheaper to buy the kit and have them install it.

Reactions: MissyMcBee
Looks good, where did you get your kit?

Abstract Ocean. They normally run vinyl with the grain N/S. Pete cut the 3M 1080 Brushed black metal E/W at my request. The transfer tape tape over the cup holders was very helpful in locating them properly. Following is just IMO. I wouldn’t classify this as an ‘easy’ install. It takes dedicated quiet time and lots of patients. I found watching ALL the various different install videos just before gives you some good pointers. I think two common mistakes are overworking and overstretching the vinyl. Make sure it’s exactly where you want it before using finishing pressure. Trying to re-lift after this can leave seam marks.
Another tip is I removed the console soft side trim (pulls straight out) and the aluminum trim (a few screws) on one side (had it off to run my dash cam wiring from the 12v plug). This made it very easy to flatten the side edges and then reinstall the aluminum trim carefully on top. Worked better than trying to tuck it underneath with the spreader. Really easy to remove and replace the trim. Bottom pic shows the padding off and the 7 screws to remove the aluminum trim piece. Appoligies for the dust.

E1974BC9-8460-4B4D-98CD-C6F2E9BC6E1B.jpeg

BE8F6A24-62C7-4ABE-86D2-A0C1DD0122FB.jpeg

F45206AF-5C09-4714-BFB1-6AD7BE9E6F40.jpeg

76DC48CE-00F4-4E2C-B946-A015507EFF26.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ftlum
Kenriko:

How about an update on the dashboard-matching wood wrap for the console? Do you have a schedule in mind?

Vistan

Best guess, a few weeks. What's been happening is I'll get an unexpected big spike of sales because someone makes a YouTube video or posts how awesome it is to Reddit and then I need to stop product development work while I produce more inventory because it gets nuked overnight. Demand is not a bad problem to have but it does slow down the process of releasing new products.

Are there any plans for a matte white door trim set to match the matte white center console? I'm getting a white interior and will be trying to wrap as much of the black gloss trim as I can. Also, will there be any other white options coming like Satin, Pearl White, or Frozen Vanilla? (I realize there may be too little demand to be worth doing that.)

I had my @Kenriko brushed black center console wrap installed and it looks amazing. The pics do not do it justice. The brushed black does not scuff or show dust. It really goes well with the interior and it would look even more amazing if I had the brushed black to cover the wood!! I had the body shop who did my car’s tint and PPF install it for me cause I was too chicken! It cost me $50 but it was worth the aggravation and stress I would out on myself to make it perfect.

I installed my brushed black console kit today - the first time I've tried applying vinyl. The kit is complete, the video helpful. I like the finish in the car. The top two pieces were pretty easy to install and look good. But that cupholder piece...man. I lined it up around the cupholders first, but then every time I tried pressing the vinyl down on the console and pressed outward, I'd get a little crease. Then I'd pull it up to try again...which of course stretches it and makes a crease more likely. Crease after crease. I finally got it "good enough", but getting there was kind of frustrating. Paying somebody with experience to apply it was a good idea.