Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 changes for 2022

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
I think I recently heard that Tesla are making some changes to the Model 3 for 2022. Anyone know anthing about this?

I ask as my lease expires June 22 and I'm now looking at what my next car will be. A part of me would like to stay with the Model 3, but the noise levels in my 2019 model are currently pushing me elsewhere. If I had some evidence that this may be improved on 2022 models I may stay with Tesla.

Do you know the current spec? I’m not being rude, just checking what your baseline is. If you’re up to speed and know about the heat pump, LFP for the base model, the full suite of heated seats etc then I’m unaware of what the 2022 will add to these. But if you’re wondering what a 2022 had over a 2019, then it’s changed quite a bit (including some double glazing)!

There are a number of changes already filtering through such as changes to the motors and batteries. This biggest change for 2022 which nobody knows when or even if it will arrive in 2022 is the MCU which is due to change to the same type in the new MS.

2021 Made in China Model 3s are much better than the 2019 Made in a Tent model 3s.

Sound deadening, build quality, materials and efficiency very much improved.

2022 rumoured to get rear double glazing, to go with the front double glazing introduced in 2021.

Reactions: Lord Farquad
2021 Made in China Model 3s are much better than the 2019 Made in a Tent model 3s.

Sound deadening, build quality, materials and efficiency very much improved.

2022 rumoured to get rear double glazing, to go with the front double glazing introduced in 2021.
I'd say better but not much better. Having been in a 2021 MIC and compared to my 2019 M3P (albeit on 18s), I'd say not vastly different; maybe a little bit quieter but not much. Internal materials very similar except for a few design changes and I'd say the jury is out on the batteries too. Maybe I just got a decent one. Those 2022 changes look appealing though

Reactions: rincewind