Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 clicking sound near the rear wheel area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone here a clicking sounds near the rear wheel area when accelerating or decelerating? It's not a constant clicking sound, but I do it a click when accelerating or decelerating. I heard it while driving with my windows down in a quiet neighborhood. I booked a service appointment to get it checked out, but was wondering if others had a similar experience. VIN: 21k

I have the same sound from my left rear suspension, it's been there for about two months. If I'm speeding up and slowing down at parking lot speeds (MY parking lot speeds), it clicks every time the load on it changes from accel to regen or regen to accel. I'm taking it to my local service center tomorrow and we will see what they say. 014K vin.

Reactions: GuyDude
Does anyone here a clicking sounds near the rear wheel area when accelerating or decelerating? It's not a constant clicking sound, but I do it a click when accelerating or decelerating. I heard it while driving with my windows down in a quiet neighborhood. I booked a service appointment to get it checked out, but was wondering if others had a similar experience. VIN: 21k

Yup, noticed it now that the weather is warm and I have windows open. It's either bad CV joints, or the axle/hub interface needs to be lubed & re-torqued. More likely the latter, which is just annoying, so I haven't made an appt to bring it in yet.

Reactions: tccartier
Wow, I have the same problem. Soft clicking sound from rear drive when pressing and depressing the accelerator. Not a loud click, but can definitely hear it if I don't have music on. I'm very interested to see what you find out from service center. Vin is 116xxx Sep or Oct 2018.

I thought I noticed today that my click was becoming a double click, it seemed like I was hearing 2 clicks instead of one sometimes. My appointment got delayed, the local SC doesn't have my tires in yet, so maybe next week. I doubt it is in the brakes, as I get my clicks without using the brakes.

I thought I noticed today that my click was becoming a double click, it seemed like I was hearing 2 clicks instead of one sometimes. My appointment got delayed, the local SC doesn't have my tires in yet, so maybe next week. I doubt it is in the brakes, as I get my clicks without using the brakes.
My click happens when I accelerate. Not when I'm breaking, but it's just like one click or so. Also can hear a click when slowing down, but it happens at certain speeds or so. Not constant.

Had my appt today and tech drove my car and heard the noise. He took it back and said the passenger side rear shock mount was loose so they tightened it up and re-drove for another test ride and noise still there. Gave me a loaner S to be able to work on it more so Ill keep you in the loop and what they find. I did talk to them about what I read on the forum about rear sway bar and or sub-frame connector being a possible culprit.

I also have the same clicking noise. When I brought it in they said it was the brake pads moving within the caliper and that it was normal. I remain unconvinced. It doesn't really bother me and I have 3 years warranty left so I'll leave it alone for now.

Here's what was done. Hope this is helpful.
invoice for m3.PNG