Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Cockpit vs Mercedes E400

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So both my sister and I got new cars this year. She is leasing an E400 convertible and I got my 3 about three weeks ago. I originally thought the Model 3 dashboard and cockpit would be too minimalist but that certainly hasn't been true. I was in her E400 the other day and I couldn't believe how overcrowded the cockpit felt. I don't think they could have fit another button or vent or bezel! My brother and I almost couldn't figure out how to drive the darn thing! See the attached pictures.

I like the first pic. Don't like the second. The materials look nicer than the 3's.

Tesla said “no need to bring it in if it works”.. there is no scheduled maintenance in my understanding for the 3
studio_20180326_191614-jpg.289511

• Informative
Reactions: xav- and DR61
Don't forgot the $7,500 in tax incentives and state tax credits ($2,500 in CA) that brings the Model 3 down to $47,500

No state incentive in Minnesota. You are correct for the tax incentive provided you 1) purchase this year, and 2) you have enough income to deduce the tax. Come 2019 this is no longer true.

As I said before, I am waiting for the refreshed model S or for the Porsche model E as an ideal car - and hold on to the model 3 until that happens. If the E400 would have an AWD electric drivetrain, that would be a no brainer for me - even at a significantly higher price range.

Tesla said “no need to bring it in if it works”.. there is no scheduled maintenance in my understanding for the 3

Not sure about model 3 as there is no info. When I leased the model S, the guaranteed buy back price (I had one of the early leases) was linked to having annual service performed. Also, if I remember correctly extended warranty was also linked to maintaining scheduled service - don't know if this is still the case.