Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Collection checklist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have a checklist of items worth looking at when picking up your model 3?

Was feeling a bit optimistic that I might get my car this year but still not heard a whisper back from tesla yet lol

The two I know of for the UK are

Tesla Model 3 UK RHD - Delivery Checklist
Tesla Model 3 UK RHD - Delivery Check list - priority ordered

The first one seems to be the source of others.

Given how rushed some of the handovers have been you're not going to get time to even look at a list though..

From another forum: "on delivery I walked in said I am here to pick up that one and they just gave me the key said "you turn it on like this" and a couple of other simple settings then sent me on my way. No proof of ID, insurance, didnt even ask me my name"

You think a delivery centre that rushed is going to stand around whilst you go through a list? They want you gone..

I picked mine up from Birmingham yesterday. They have 30mins slot per customer and we spent that going through his agenda. All very informative even tho I have been 'revising' for this for months! (*"Don't press the power off button!!"*)

After that, I re-parked elsewhere on the plot and spent another 90 minutes* going through the checklist. Found 5/6 trim/paint issues, a couple of which they sorted out immediately and the rest they showed me how to book in for sorting out via the app.

* Including chats and comparisons with other customers doing the same thing!

Make sure you check the jack points before you sign. A few cases of these being ‘torn’ in transit and I would think any repair is going to either be significant or a bodge - neither which I would want on a brand new car.

How do you check these? I wouldn't know what I was looking for. It's a bit stupid that they don't have standard jacking points. How would any independent mechanic / roadside person / whatever know about this? :eek:

How do you check these? I wouldn't know what I was looking for. It's a bit stupid that they don't have standard jacking points. How would any independent mechanic / roadside person / whatever know about this? :eek:
You’ll need to get on the ground and look under the car. There’s pics of some that have been damaged in transit due to being used as a mechanism to secure them. There’s pics somewhere in one of the threads- sadly I can’t remember which one!

Reactions: MrBadger