Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Color Idea

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We were talking about the fairly narrow color palette Tesla currently offers for the S and X. My wife said she really hopes they have some bolder picks for the 3. Then she said why doesn't Tesla come up with like 25 different colors, some crazy, some mainstream, and let reservation holders make their dream pick?
Then Tesla can narrow it down to the top 7 or so. They might get some surprising picks. I mean you could show off purple and find out it is popular (not likely I know).
Maybe then we could get some greens, oranges, etc.

My wife said she really hopes they have some bolder picks for the 3. Then she said why doesn't Tesla come up with like 25 different colors, some crazy, some mainstream, and let reservation holders make their dream pick?
Great idea. I want a pure Orange to match my "Very Orange" Roadster.

The S/X color choices are pretty low energy, but they are generally consistent with the paint choices offered by other manufacturers for comparable luxury models.

Reactions: Pinewold
Hey guys, I made an iOS app that lets the user create custom colors for the Model 3 using RGB sliders. You can definitely get a sense of any bright colors. As mentioned on another post yesterday, this a bit of a shameful plug since my app isn't free, but I want to make sure users are aware that its there in case they are interested. I don't intend to keep posting about it like this because it kind of feels like advertising, hopefully you all don't feel that this is annoying or out of place. Here's the link if interested:

model3config on the App Store

Hey guys, I made an iOS app that lets the user create custom colors for the Model 3 using RGB sliders. You can definitely get a sense of any bright colors. As mentioned on another post yesterday, this a bit of a shameful plug since my app isn't free, but I want to make sure users are aware that its there in case they are interested. I don't intend to keep posting about it like this because it kind of feels like advertising, hopefully you all don't feel that this is annoying or out of place. Here's the link if interested:

model3config on the App Store

Great idea but Tesla needs to do something like this where it will tally votes.

I think Tesla should take some example from some French car companies like Renault or Citroen : their cars are ugly but they have some great colors : shiny reds and blues (I like shiny ! :D )
I'd love to have that kind of colors available for the model 3. The current colors are kind of boring... event the red is not super bright. :(

Reactions: MSullivan
I feel like it would be nice to have a bigger colour selection, but knowing a lot about Musk I feel like he would do it but he realizes that not enough people are not satisfied with the colours for him to add more. I also feel like it would be a gamble on his part, hearing and reading about Tesla's financial problems it is prompt that they need to make the best decisions they can and please all the customers they can to survive until the Model 3 production. I have ordered one myself and I am moderately satisfied with the colour selection. I feel like Tesla is just staying near the standard colours that luxury cars like the model 3, S and X usually have. On a side note I did see about a week ago an after market purple paint job on a Model S.

Theres nothing wrong with the dull boring and basic colors, but maybe Tesla can put a twist on them and come up with something like the Corvette's 'Black Rose' or even some matte colors for those who are into that sortof thing.

I would love more color options. The Model S came in some very nice colors a few years ago and it's a shame that Tesla has pared it down to two colors plus shades of gray.

That said, vinyl wraps are always an option. Get a basic black car, save $1,000, and put that toward the wrap job of your dreams. :)

Reactions: ahagge and Model 3
If Tesla can't financially justify adding more paint color options, it would be nice if they could contract with some local (to the factory) wrap installers to provide wraps at a discount, say $2,000 - $3,000, to be installed before customer delivery. They could satisfy a large number people with no capital outlay and not much overhead cost.

Reactions: Pkmmte and S3XY