Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 colour choice - I’m indecisive!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really love my red with white interior. And, I'm warming to the chrome delete look on the Tesla refresh.

Just (end of Sept) ordered Red with black interior, was happy with the chrome detailing BUT even happier now that the chrome has been deleted.... car looks even more awesome than before. I have my fingers crossed that I get the new 2021 spec. I've leased through salary sacrifice (Zenith) and have a projected delivery date of 18th Dec so all looks positive.

Has any of this helped @Teza , are you closer to making a decision? :)

it really has helped - I would like to firstly thank everyone who took the time respond and share pics etc - what a great community we have here! :)

I’m closer to thinking that I’m now going to have with MSM with white interior! ;)

the comments about the paint imperfections on black have swayed me to that decision!

FWIW, I chose black, with a black interior, but having seen an MSM car I wish I'd opted for that instead. I was put off MSM because I had what I thought was a similar colour on a BMW, that didn't look great, but in reality the Tesla MSM is a very nice finish indeed.

it really has helped - I would like to firstly thank everyone who took the time respond and share pics etc - what a great community we have here! :)

I’m closer to thinking that I’m now going to have with MSM with white interior! ;)

the comments about the paint imperfections on black have swayed me to that decision!

That will look great :cool:

I was thinking (way ahead) of when mine is to be replaced that I might change colours next time, but the black, with de-chrome and those uber turbines, I'm not now so sure.

Might have even changed again by then :)

I really doubt there are any more paint issues on black than any other, my black paint was more or less perfect. It's harder to spot issues on the white, so they get away with more from less observant buyers, it's no stronger or thicker than black.

The grey one is fine, but, you'know grey ....

John-Major-1990.jpg

Yep you are about spot on for that timing, here’s a couple more pics of the white interior with MSM in case it helps you (don’t forget the centre console design will likely be different on yours)

2C7BE0D9-36BA-4210-8D23-BD07D20129D5.jpeg 2662E18C-4DED-4C2F-B008-D483CEF75F16.jpeg 10981181-35A7-4B2B-9E72-B9073FC52A02.jpeg EA244D62-9B4D-4194-ACB1-B7DE4E386CBF.jpeg 5ED156BB-F9E3-4FBE-8EAC-A67FE372F85B.jpeg

I’m hoping on Thursday to get some really decent outdoor shots of the car in proper autumn daylight as only have the indoor shots from the professional detail since it was cleaned/prepared properly !

Reactions: Teza
W
Yep you are about spot on for that timing, here’s a couple more pics of the white interior with MSM in case it helps you (don’t forget the centre console design will likely be different on yours)

View attachment 600544 View attachment 600545 View attachment 600547 View attachment 600553 View attachment 600554

I’m hoping on Thursday to get some really decent outdoor shots of the car in proper autumn daylight as only have the indoor shots from the professional detail since it was cleaned/prepared properly !

what a beauty! - thanks for sharing :)

Last year I ordered in October and took delivery in November .... I think I got lucky with an unassigned car that was about to board a ship
In my case - strangely I don’t want to take delivery early as moving home, therefore would rather take delivery in December when settled. What happens if it arrives in November, is it possible to delay delivery or would I be pushed back to February? :(

In my case - strangely I don’t want to take delivery early as moving home, therefore would rather take delivery in December when settled. What happens if it arrives in November, is it possible to delay delivery or would I be pushed back to February? :(
I think you can delay up to one week (retaining the same VIN) however the service centre may be more accommodating.

Failing that, I'm sure one of the helpful forum members in your area will be happy to look after it for you for a bit ;)

I was told (April) that I could delay for up to two weeks and as both Nov-Dec are in the same quarter you may be OK. Being year end means they will be pushing to complete everything.

However I have seen people postponing and regretting - the delay being much greater (Tesla will aim to deliver car transporter loads to a location so if the colour/interior you originally chose is then sent elsewhere, there may not be a full load to your SC when the next becomes available, hence random delays)