Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Colour choice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I should perhaps have said I'm going for the white interior.

Thanks for the excellent suggestion re the South Mimms supercharger. That's only 5 miles from me

The fact that silver/grey cars are generally thought to show dirt less is admittedly a consideration, though I do very much like the blue (at least in photos)

My Tesla.jpg

Midnight Silver when clean. I wouldn't have anything else, love mine. Also, it doesn't show dirt much but I still clean it weekly.

Reactions: Js1977
I'll give my opinion but at the end of the that just what it is.

I prefer nice subtle colours. Something nice but that doesn't necessarily stand out.

The red doesn't really do it for me unless its a ducati or a ferrari. The red (what we test drove) on the tesla is nice but hedging towards candy/burgundy imo a bit retro. The blue is also nice and very similar to lapiz blue on a golf R (there was one parked next to it :rolleyes:) Yet would not be my colour of choice.

White looks nice and a always a decent combo with dark wheels. Still not my choice but thats what the Mrs wanted and who am I to argue when Ill get the fiddle with it and have the odd joy ride....and its £1000 saving toward a nice midnight silver Model Y when it gets here:D

Obviously a personal thing, but In photos I love the red and blue. In the sunlight and in showroom lights they look great...

But for me they are way to dark when not in direct bright light. Re did almost burgundy, blue is navy... Where as I would like a bright red or a RS4 or Jag blue! If you are looking at the red or blue hoping you are getting the bright version from some photos you may be disappointed.

I was 100% sure I wanted red, until I saw it in the English weather. Now for me it has to be white as I think it looks best.

Reactions: MrBadger
My verdict (live rurally);

White - shows dirt and dust too easily. Looks very clean.
Black - shows scratches too easily. Looks amazing (I love my black cars. All have suffered from the swirls).
MSM - gorgeous colour, neither silver nor grey. Was my first choice.
Blue - my favourite colour. Nuff said.
Red - expensive. Haven't seen one up close yet. Went with it anyway since the 'replacement' M3 was red and the only one available from Stockport SC.

Love MSM, hides the dirt well, until you clean it and realise how much better it looks sparkling :)

Black looks very mean and mega with the DRLs. Always impressed when I see them, just don't envy the cleaning!

Would have considered the free white as I think it's a very nice pearlescent, but wife doesn't like white cars.

Blue - think it looks great in particular with black trim, and my option of choice for a possible future Y.

Red - looks lovely, but I would prefer a more GTI red.

Other - was behind Jay Kay's emerald green LaFerrari today, could work :cool: (he's actually sold it, and damn the down shifts are tingly)

Reactions: OneTinyFish
I was for the blue based on the website representation but when I saw it in the flesh decided against it as far less bright.
Red with white is the perfect combo IMHO but had to draw the line somewhere so went with the white and white. No regrets and enjoy keeping it clean.

certainly no regrets getting the white interior. Just love that and no issues keeping it clean so far.

Reactions: Roy W.
I think all the colours look great when you see them in the wild, especially when compared to the stock website photos, although the MSM doesn't particularly float my boat. There's one up the road from me, and it never looks that special - but maybe they never wash it, who knows.

I chose blue and having a friend with the MSM I have no regrets, even he said the blue was better. Don’t be fooled by the red in the showroom, I had a red one as a loaner once and I wasn’t impressed, it looked dull without the shiny coating!

I think all the colours look great when you see them in the wild, especially when compared to the stock website photos, although the MSM doesn't particularly float my boat. There's one up the road from me, and it never looks that special - but maybe they never wash it, who knows.
Ha, maybe they don't. MSM does scrub up nice
IMG_20200329_095357.jpg~2.jpg