Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 come with Flat Repair Kit?

Did your Model 3 come with a flat repair kit?

• Yes

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • No

Votes: 27 93.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, so I've purchased three Model 3's (one LR, 2 P) from the Rockville, MD location and all three came with the flat repair kit. My father in law just purchased a dealer demo in NY and it didn't come with one. His car was built 2 months after mine but purchased 6 months after my last one. Did they stop including it or does it vary state by state?

Just buy a:
  1. ViAir 84P air compressor https://smile.amazon.com/VIAIR-84P-...rds=viair+84p&qid=1554409917&s=gateway&sr=8-1
  2. tire plug kit (many available starting at ~ $15.00)
The ViAir will enable you to refill your tire enough to drive to a tire store... and the tire plug kit will seal most punctures so you can simply refill and drive to your destination. We've used ViAir air compressors and Safety Seal tire plug kits for 25+ years and thousands of miles on our big tire off-road Jeeps, Corvette Z06 (no spare), Mercedes, BMW and now Tesla.

Also, having your own air compressor eliminates having to try to find a working air compressor... and then having to have either the correct denomination AND amount of coins OR put your credit card in some sketchy easy to clone card reader. Priceless when you just need to add a couple of PSI to your cold tires to get the Low Tire Pressure reading to go away on a cold morning.

I recall that only 2 states (US) require a kit or spare tire. NY and CA are not on the list. Do what BrokerDon suggests, buy a kit from Tesla, keep your AAA membership current, or just hope for a slow leak and a good tire shop nearby.

Why would it? Not even my last E300 came with it nor a replacement tire.

Exactly. 13 years ago I bought a brand new Corvette 2006 Z06 that didn't come with a repair kit, pump, or spare. ViAir 84P + Safety Seal tire plug kit saved the day several times during low air pressure (usually because it was cold) or punctures. Getting replacement tires was a PITA since each tire was different. Yes, you heard that correctly, 4 different tires / SKUs because they were all asymmetrical (directional) and the rears ($550 each) were different diameter and width than the fronts ($450 each). Small price to pay for a street legal track car. :cool:

No spare is not a Tesla thing, it is a weight / space saving feature. There are many cars without spares. Welcome to the future.

I think I had read that some European countries might have this as a requirement, like the security alarm system they require on cars sold there, but didn't realize that there were any states here in the US that did. Neither of our Teslas bought in California did. I looked into the tire fill kits early on in our ownership and read that it can mess up the tire pressure sensors. We both have 19 sports on our cars; and in general in our driving lifetime we have only had but maybe 3 flat tires due to road debris (screw/nail) and huge pot hole covered by water (sadly took out two right side tires and a rim). We decided we'd rather not risk having the filler kit make the tire more or less unrepairable if a flat turned out to be a simple repair. We have been longtime AAA members and for their towing coverage (Plus members) and hotel discounts have kept our membership.