Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 comes with a Screen Protector from Factory

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my Model 3 several weeks ago. A couple of weeks later, I noticed a couple of bubbles and a scratch in the screen and was bumming that I was going to have to get it replaced. I called the SC and was informed that while they all came with a screen protector, that it was required for the delivery person to remove it upon delivery. I called and was assured that mine was removed at delivery. 3 weeks later, and after seeing more scratches, I decided to ever so gently with my nail to pull down from a corner of the screen and there was in fact a screen protector that came right off. So, make sure to check yours as mine looks much better now without the protector. Also, the screen protector is not one that you would want to leave in. Its not high quality and very thick and seems to be plastic.

I picked up my Model 3 several weeks ago. A couple of weeks later, I noticed a couple of bubbles and a scratch in the screen and was bumming that I was going to have to get it replaced. I called the SC and was informed that while they all came with a screen protector, that it was required for the delivery person to remove it upon delivery. I called and was assured that mine was removed at delivery. 3 weeks later, and after seeing more scratches, I decided to ever so gently with my nail to pull down from a corner of the screen and there was in fact a screen protector that came right off. So, make sure to check yours as mine looks much better now without the protector. Also, the screen protector is not one that you would want to leave in. Its not high quality and very thick and seems to be plastic.

Pretty common for cars with large touchscreens to come with a screen protector from the factory. Need to let the customer make the first scratch! ;) My Bolt also came with a protector for the 10.2" center screen. I left it on for a little while, but it started getting scratched up pretty good, so I took it off and bought a real glass screen protector off Amazon.

Has anyone created an unofficial delivery checklist for customers at pickup?

It isn't meant to be left on as the service rep stated.

I only know this because I attempted to use the default screen protector that came with the iPhone. It isn't as durable and will quickly scratch/bubble if used for an extended period of time. It's mainly to keep things looking nice and new until delivery is taken.

• Disagree
Reactions: Nosken
I have seen some pictures from a model 3 owner to install the screen protector for his model 3.I think if the screen protector will be prepared from the factory,it is shocked for some producer of screen protector.To be honest,do you think it is neccessory to prepare screen protector for 15 inch center screen?

Attachments

• Tesla model 3.png
    Tesla model 3.png
    188.1 KB · Views: 498
  • model 3.png
    model 3.png
    185.5 KB · Views: 355
I've had the car for 2 weeks now and noticed some vertical lines on my screen and thought it would need replacing eventually. Nothing major. Was showing someone the car and mentioned this and they asked if the plastic was left on from the factory. No no, it couldn't be that, the screen obviously doesn't have anything on it. It did.

As soon as I drug my finger on the corner, the plastic peeled and crinkled up. And yes, the vertical lines are now gone, lol. Took a quick video of it before fully removing.

I've had the car for 2 weeks now and noticed some vertical lines on my screen and thought it would need replacing eventually. Nothing major. Was showing someone the car and mentioned this and they asked if the plastic was left on from the factory. No no, it couldn't be that, the screen obviously doesn't have anything on it. It did.

As soon as I drug my finger on the corner, the plastic peeled and crinkled up. And yes, the vertical lines are now gone, lol. Took a quick video of it before fully removing.

Nice vedio,will you prepare a tempered screen protector for your model 3 screen?
Because the plastic one will not stay well when you peel for several times.

Nice vedio,will you prepare a tempered screen protector for your model 3 screen?
Because the plastic one will not stay well when you peel for several times.

The plastic one from the factory I just threw away. It wasn't meant to be a long term screen protector and it wrinkled up in the corner when I first discovered it so it was not useable anyway. No plans to get a screen protector for it.

The plastic one from the factory I just threw away. It wasn't meant to be a long term screen protector and it wrinkled up in the corner when I first discovered it so it was not useable anyway. No plans to get a screen protector for it.
Good idea,I noticed that more and more model 3 owners would like to preparede different kinds of accessories for their model 3.It will very cool after decoraion.I like to decoration for my model X with 6 seater so much.