Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Compatible Garage Door Receiver

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone found a garage door receiver that's compatible with the Model 3?

I'm trying to find a unit that can be wired into my existing Somfy system, and that's able to pair with the car.

I've just tried this unit from The Garage Door Guru and the car is unable to learn the remote. I suspect that it's on the wrong frequency, but it doesn't list what it operates on.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/REPLACEMENT-CONTROL-HENDERSON-GARAGE-DOOR/dp/B008BQMMSI

I’ve fitted the PR433-4 universal receiver to my door, but I’ve never managed to get the receiver to work with the Model 3. It goes through the motions of learning the code, but the “programmed” buttons on the car do nothing.

Has anyone on here got it working with the Model 3?

As it happens I have another Somfy garage door remote on order (£33) that will just be velcroed unobtrusively to live in the car when it arrives.

For simple garage door opening purposes, what am I missing with anything more sophisticated than that?

I’ve fitted the PR433-4 universal receiver to my door, but I’ve never managed to get the receiver to work with the Model 3. It goes through the motions of learning the code, but the “programmed” buttons on the car do nothing.

Has anyone on here got it working with the Model 3?
I was having no luck programming my existing door remote to the car and ended up fitting a PR433-4 to my garage opener. I do have it working. I wish I could give you step by step instructions on how I trained the car to communicate with the Universal Receiver but it was many months ago that I did it. I do recall it took a few tries during the learning procedure until it worked.

Reactions: Roy W.
I was having no luck programming my existing door remote to the car and ended up fitting a PR433-4 to my garage opener. I do have it working. I wish I could give you step by step instructions on how I trained the car to communicate with the Universal Receiver but it was many months ago that I did it. I do recall it took a few tries during the learning procedure until it worked.
It’s reassuring that you’ve managed to get it working. I’ve tried countless times to programme the HomeLink, and every time it seems to have linked to the car. Very frustrating. I’ll have to have another go.

They’ve already hinted at swapping to WiFi for garage control, as that seems to be where the future is heading for garage openers, so would expect the feature to hit cars soon

This is my solution for now.

Attachments

• IMG_20200604_180210.jpg
    IMG_20200604_180210.jpg
    407.6 KB · Views: 57
Thanks all.

Having gone through quite a faff getting homelink retrofitted for free last year I'm quite keen to use it.

Unfortunately the Garage Guru box I got wasn't compatible with the car and as a compatible solution is running at £100 I think I'll leave it as it is.

In three previous cars, I had a small push button wired to a spare door remote. IN each car I drilled a blank switch cover, fitted the button and velcroed the remote under the dash. Replaced the switch blanks when selling the cars.
Nowhere for the button in an M3 :-(
I keep a remote in the cup holder