Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 concerns

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a model 3 on order and getting buyers remorse
My original deliver now postponed 4 months
I read posts about Tesla not doing warranty work on creaks and noises that develop with driving - I see some helpful videos how to fix noisy seatbelts - seats - and more
Sorry I’m not fixing my new car
Reading many checklists about looking over seams - paint defects - and poor workmanship- when you get your delivery have these challenges been fixed for 2022 ?
I’ve owned over 30 vehicles and want to go EV - I need something small as fitting two cars in a Florida garage
Alan g

That's an interesting take. I don't really care about the Tech, games or media thought I do love the free streaming music. Driving the car is my favorite part. It's so fast, smooth and quiet. And the seats are just perfect super comfortable. May I ask what model you chose? I know I was going back forth with some of the models and I'm glad I chose what I did.

I may have had some regrets if I didn't get the M3 LR+Boost or if I chose the Y. That Y doesn't fit what I was looking for.
I guess it depends where you are coming from. How do your previous/current cars compare to the Model 3. If you come from luxury and or high-performance cars, it might not be as impressive as it will be for someone who has driven more normal cars if you like.

Upvote 0
I guess it depends where you are coming from. How do your previous/current cars compare to the Model 3. If you come from luxury and or high-performance cars, it might not be as impressive as it will be for someone who has driven more normal cars if you like.
Must be crazy high end then because I thought that's what I was driving with my BMW M3's, S3, Mercedes. I guess I was always getting the more sporty models vs straight luxury. You definitely feel the weight of the Tesla and I do wish they would release Track mode for the LR. I was never really a fan of BMW interiors they always felt dated compared to Audi and Mercedes.

I've also never been in an S or X so I couldn't comment on the fit and finish or feel. They don't seem to be getting as much love as the 3 and Y lately.

Reactions: alangold
Upvote 0
I have a model 3 on order and getting buyers remorse
My original deliver now postponed 4 months
I read posts about Tesla not doing warranty work on creaks and noises that develop with driving - I see some helpful videos how to fix noisy seatbelts - seats - and more
Sorry I’m not fixing my new car
Reading many checklists about looking over seams - paint defects - and poor workmanship- when you get your delivery have these challenges been fixed for 2022 ?
I’ve owned over 30 vehicles and want to go EV - I need something small as fitting two cars in a Florida garage
Alan g

Stop reading the forums or at least "the haters". We got 1 in Sept (SRP) and 1 in Jan (LR) and ZERO issues. Not a creak, pop, clink, thud, crack, tick or tingle.

Oh and when your reading posts about issues and worrying about them notice the years of production. 2021/2022 is not 2017/2018...just sayin'.

Upvote 0
Well I guess it my time to chime in. The tesla 3 we have
has been flawless in 2.5 years. So what...
GM has has massive issues with the Bolt battery, total recall (not the movie)
VW has had massive issues with software and hopes to go to OTA update
as soon as all cars go to the factory for a re-flash.
There are going to be some sexy models coming out, cool but they are years behind.
I have spent 10 researching EV's and I think it will be 5-10 years before we know if they
are really well real. I would not spend a penny on a 10K a year semi-production car, too much risk.
I am not per say a Tesla fan, but its the only production car with a great track record.
Yes there are always issues with new tech, but go with the best today.
We could also talk about the Leaf battery issue as well.
Never mind
I know how stuff works

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well I guess it my time to chime in. The tesla 3 we have
has been flawless in 2.5 years. So what...
GM has has massive issues with the Bolt battery, total recall (not the movie)
VW has had massive issues with software and hopes to go to OTA update
as soon as all cars go to the factory for a re-flash.
There are going to be some sexy models coming out, cool but they are years behind.
I have spent 10 researching EV's and I think it will be 5-10 years before we know if they
are really well real. I would not spend a penny on a 10K a year semi-production car, too much risk.
I am not per say a Tesla fan, but its the only production car with a great track record.
Yes there are always issues with new tech, but go with the best today.
We could also talk about the Leaf battery issue as well.
Never mind
I know how stuff works
Thanks. Yes I can see Tesla has a head start on other EV makes. I write articles on cars for 55+ newsletters - I say all other electric cars coming out owe their acceptance to Tesla

Upvote 0
Thanks. Yes I can see Tesla has a head start on other EV makes. I write articles on cars for 55+ newsletters - I say all other electric cars coming out owe their acceptance to Tesla
What many new buyers of EVs don't realize is the charging network is critical to whether you can do more than just commute, in a reasonable way. The supercharger network was a huge selling point for me. It made roadtrips braindead easy, with minimal fuss and worry. As much as I like looking at other EVs, the lack of a no-fuss, no-worry charging network makes buying anything else, impossible, for me.

Upvote 0
That's an interesting take. I don't really care about the Tech, games or media thought I do love the free streaming music. Driving the car is my favorite part. It's so fast, smooth and quiet. And the seats are just perfect super comfortable. May I ask what model you chose? I know I was going back forth with some of the models and I'm glad I chose what I did.

I may have had some regrets if I didn't get the M3 LR+Boost or if I chose the Y. That Y doesn't fit what I was looking for.
What I meant by “tech” was the battery, OTA updates, charging network, cameras, etc., not the games, toy box, light show, or things like that.

And I have a Performance model. Not trying to crap on the car per se, just giving my opinion. The car is good for now, I’m just not in love with it.

Reactions: OliverM3
Upvote 0