Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 concerns

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a model 3 on order and getting buyers remorse
My original deliver now postponed 4 months
I read posts about Tesla not doing warranty work on creaks and noises that develop with driving - I see some helpful videos how to fix noisy seatbelts - seats - and more
Sorry I’m not fixing my new car
Reading many checklists about looking over seams - paint defects - and poor workmanship- when you get your delivery have these challenges been fixed for 2022 ?
I’ve owned over 30 vehicles and want to go EV - I need something small as fitting two cars in a Florida garage
Alan g

Alot of people come to forums to compain about an issue or unfortunate circustance. You'll almost never hear from the vast majority of customers who are both thrilled with their vehicle and the service that they have received from Tesla. I'm not going to tell you they are a perfect company or always making the best decisions for their customers. But, I can say I thoroughly enjoy my MYP and have had really good experiences with Tesla service if anything needed fixed.

Upvote 0
Buying anything is always somewhat of a gamble, but consider this: you may see a couple dozen stories about problems here and there but about 900 thousand Tesla cars were delivered last year. If there really were serious quality issues you would be seeing a lot more than a couple of dozen people complaining online.

Fwiw, I have not taken my August '21 LR back to Tesla for anything. I did have one annoying rattle which I found and fixed myself (a missing plastic fastener under the car) and there are a couple of things that vibrate at certain speeds which I would never even hear if this was an ICE vehicle. The only maintenance that I have needed was a tire rotation and I did it myself after watching several youtube videos on how to do it and buying a few tools. I mostly charge at home, but the few times that I needed a supercharger the experience was excellent.

Upvote 0
Buying anything is always somewhat of a gamble, but consider this: you may see a couple dozen stories about problems here and there but about 900 thousand Tesla cars were delivered last year. If there really were serious quality issues you would be seeing a lot more than a couple of dozen people complaining online.

Fwiw, I have not taken my August '21 LR back to Tesla for anything. I did have one annoying rattle which I found and fixed myself (a missing plastic fastener under the car) and there are a couple of things that vibrate at certain speeds which I would never even hear if this was an ICE vehicle. The only maintenance that I have needed was a tire rotation and I did it myself after watching several youtube videos on how to do it and buying a few tools. I mostly charge at home, but the few times that I needed a supercharger the experience was excellent.
Feels like a lot of people focus on the issues and overlook the product as a whole. A lot of vehicles have been delivered and there have been a lot of happy owners. Everyone just focus on the 1% that may have some sort of issue and that steals the show.

Reactions: rpiotro
Upvote 0
I think the model Y is the subject right now of most of Tesla's improvements. Pretty much SUV's are the most popular car segment, so they have to get those pretty much perfect when they leave the factory, hence the giga castings. To me once they make some time for the model 3 and those rear and front castings (please keep the cool suspension on the front though) I think a lot of the noises and creaks and groans will be a thing of the past. That saying we have a model 3 on order and it does fill me with trepidations from time to time, but most of the time just excitement.

Upvote 0
I have had my Model 3 for two years. The car has been perfect. No mechanical issues of any kind. It has never required service. No creaks or rattles. No paint defects or panel gaps. Maybe I have just been very lucky, but don’t let yourself believe that the issues people report here are common.

Reactions: markc2
Upvote 0
Alot of people come to forums to compain about an issue or unfortunate circustance. You'll almost never hear from the vast majority of customers who are both thrilled with their vehicle and the service that they have received from Tesla. I'm not going to tell you they are a perfect company or always making the best decisions for their customers. But, I can say I thoroughly enjoy my MYP and have had really good experiences with Tesla service if anything needed fixed.
That’s good news - I’m feeling better already

Reactions: XCare EV
Upvote 0
I have a model 3 on order and getting buyers remorse
My original deliver now postponed 4 months
I read posts about Tesla not doing warranty work on creaks and noises that develop with driving - I see some helpful videos how to fix noisy seatbelts - seats - and more
Sorry I’m not fixing my new car
Reading many checklists about looking over seams - paint defects - and poor workmanship- when you get your delivery have these challenges been fixed for 2022 ?
I’ve owned over 30 vehicles and want to go EV - I need something small as fitting two cars in a Florida garage
Alan g
This is my first Tesla a 2022 M3 LR +Boost. I have a 100 mile commute. I've had a ton of cars in my 34 years of driving ok maybe 36 years just don't tell my parents I used to sneak their cars out at night. Probably 20-30 cars I have the habit of keeping 3 at a time. BMW, Audi, Mercedes and all other makes.

Fit and finish on my 2022 is fantastic. People like to bitch you see what 5-10 people on here that think there is some sort of Tesla conspiracy to steal all your money and eat your babies. I've had a great experience with service and no issues with the car. Only 5k miles on it so far. I had homelink installed while at work and didn't even see them they came to my workplace installed it and called me when they were done.

I have to say out of all of my cars this car is just such a nice place to be. It feels so good and insanely fast. I'm not to worried about any issues I mean I have an 8 year 120k mile warranty on the entire drivetrain and 4 year 50k on the minor items.

once you drive it you'll ask yourself why you waited so long. This one replaced my 1 of 5 viper green Audi S3 and I have zero regrets I drive it everywhere.
The range is fantastic and the new models with the heat pump don't have the range issues that the older models had in the winter.

Just ask away for anything you want to know on the forum. You wont regret it there's a reason that you're waiting so long for your because everyone loves them :)

Upvote 0
Agree that those of us with little to no issues aren't as loud as the few who have legitimate complaints. For the record my 8/2021 M3P went in for a couple cosmetic issues shortly after delivery, those were handled quickly and I have had no issues in the last 5K miles. The car is a blast to drive and my happy place. It's not going to be everything to everyone, but I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

Upvote 0
Go get a Lexus if reliability is your primary interest.
Or a Lincoln if comfort is your primary interest.
Or a BMW if vajazzles are your primary interest.
Or a Dodge if sensory stimulation is your primary interest.

Or stick with the Tesla if all you care about is having the best powertrain in the industry along with the best technology, performance, efficiency, and driving experience. That's all the advice I can offer.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the comments - I’m hanging in for now and hoping for deliver this year - fyi : FP+L is offering a new program in FL - will include level 2 charger and cost overnight charging for monthly fee

FYI, there's an ongoing conversation about the FPL service in the Florida forum, here:

We already had an outstanding L2 charger (Grizzl-E 40a), and a 50a circuit installed, but I was still somewhat interested in seeing what this offered. We're a bit unique in that we don't drive a ton, and we kind of have "on the fly" type work/play hours, so this service definitely isn't for us, but definitely take a look in that thread, there's some good cost analysis I think you'd find helpful.

As far as the Tesla goes, ours has been outstanding, no issues at delivery, no issues approaching a year of ownership. :)

Reactions: alangold
Upvote 0