Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 concerns

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a model 3 on order and getting buyers remorse
My original deliver now postponed 4 months
I read posts about Tesla not doing warranty work on creaks and noises that develop with driving - I see some helpful videos how to fix noisy seatbelts - seats - and more
Sorry I’m not fixing my new car
Reading many checklists about looking over seams - paint defects - and poor workmanship- when you get your delivery have these challenges been fixed for 2022 ?
I’ve owned over 30 vehicles and want to go EV - I need something small as fitting two cars in a Florida garage
Alan g

Alot of people come to forums to compain about an issue or unfortunate circustance. You'll almost never hear from the vast majority of customers who are both thrilled with their vehicle and the service that they have received from Tesla. I'm not going to tell you they are a perfect company or always making the best decisions for their customers. But, I can say I thoroughly enjoy my MYP and have had really good experiences with Tesla service if anything needed fixed.
I concur… I wanted to make the leap to an EV after owning many hybrids, but was concerned like you are about quality control.
My 2021 Model 3 was in very good condition as received. No issues. Service center experience (Knoxville, TN) has been good. No complaints.
I am still amazed at the technology built into the car and the continuous software updates. The driver assist features are still a work in progress, but constantly improving.

Reactions: alangold
Upvote 0
I need something small as fitting two cars in a Florida garage
This may fit the bill - the "City Vehicle Adult Car". 👍 I'm sure it's rattle-free and likely has outstanding paint, unless it's built in a tent by non-union Californians like the Model 3.

Untitled.png

That enormous A/C unit on top will come in handy in hot and steamy FLA. The *only* downside I can think of is that if you order one today, you'll probably receive it by the time the Cybertruck is rolling off the assembly line.

Upvote 0
Go get a Lexus if reliability is your primary interest.
Or a Lincoln if comfort is your primary interest.
Or a BMW if vajazzles are your primary interest.
Or a Dodge if sensory stimulation is your primary interest.

Or stick with the Tesla if all you care about is having the best powertrain in the industry along with the best technology, performance, efficiency, and driving experience. That's all the advice I can offer.
Sounds like good advise - I’m sharing a Lexus es350 w my wife -until my model 3. Shows up in wpb

Upvote 0
This is my first Tesla a 2022 M3 LR +Boost. I have a 100 mile commute. I've had a ton of cars in my 34 years of driving ok maybe 36 years just don't tell my parents I used to sneak their cars out at night. Probably 20-30 cars I have the habit of keeping 3 at a time. BMW, Audi, Mercedes and all other makes.

Fit and finish on my 2022 is fantastic. People like to bitch you see what 5-10 people on here that think there is some sort of Tesla conspiracy to steal all your money and eat your babies. I've had a great experience with service and no issues with the car. Only 5k miles on it so far. I had homelink installed while at work and didn't even see them they came to my workplace installed it and called me when they were done.

I have to say out of all of my cars this car is just such a nice place to be. It feels so good and insanely fast. I'm not to worried about any issues I mean I have an 8 year 120k mile warranty on the entire drivetrain and 4 year 50k on the minor items.

once you drive it you'll ask yourself why you waited so long. This one replaced my 1 of 5 viper green Audi S3 and I have zero regrets I drive it everywhere.
The range is fantastic and the new models with the heat pump don't have the range issues that the older models had in the winter.

Just ask away for anything you want to know on the forum. You wont regret it there's a reason that you're waiting so long for your because everyone loves them :)
Thanks for your detailed reply - new on this forum I’m impressed with the responses

Upvote 0
I read posts about Tesla not doing warranty work on creaks and noises that develop with driving - I see some helpful videos how to fix noisy seatbelts - seats - and more
Reading many checklists about looking over seams - paint defects - and poor workmanship- when you get your delivery have these challenges been fixed for 2022 ?
I’ve owned over 30 vehicles and want to go EV - I need something small as fitting two cars in a Florida garage
Alan g
I'd go over to your nearest Tesla delivery center and look over the new cars waiting to be picked up. Why? Only you know how picky you are. Also, take a test drive, several test drives of various models, to get a feel for interior fit and finish.

I can't give you my opinion, because I live 3hrs away from a service center, so I tend towards fixing little minor things on my own. I've had my LR-AWD for 3 and a half years and I just went to a service center for the very first time this past week. I wanted them to replace a ground cable to the rear motor. It's started to whine. The tech said he heard it, but that it was within spec. I told him to replace it anyway, and I'd pay. They did, and they didn't charge me, even though they said they would. Maybe they forgot to bill me, but I thought it was cool that when they were done, they handed me my keycard and off I went. No standing around at a window trying to pay a bill. Later, my app said I had an invoice, and there was zero billed. Nice.

Upvote 0
I'd go over to your nearest Tesla delivery center and look over the new cars waiting to be picked up. Why? Only you know how picky you are. Also, take a test drive, several test drives of various models, to get a feel for interior fit and finish.

I can't give you my opinion, because I live 3hrs away from a service center, so I tend towards fixing little minor things on my own. I've had my LR-AWD for 3 and a half years and I just went to a service center for the very first time this past week. I wanted them to replace a ground cable to the rear motor. It's started to whine. The tech said he heard it, but that it was within spec. I told him to replace it anyway, and I'd pay. They did, and they didn't charge me, even though they said they would. Maybe they forgot to bill me, but I thought it was cool that when they were done, they handed me my keycard and off I went. No standing around at a window trying to pay a bill. Later, my app said I had an invoice, and there was zero billed. Nice.
funny....i've had two of those types of bills....seems like anything under $10 they don't care...I love it..

• Funny
Reactions: KenC
Upvote 0
Alan g
You have millions of satisfied Tesla owners, that don't have any issues, and a handful that do. The squeaky wheel is the one that makes the most noise. There are the anti-EV crowd that will amplify that noise as well, especially in todays social media era. Is it possible you get the worst car in history? Sure. But that could be said for any care you buy. Ultimately, it's your decision and if you look over the car and aren't satisfied, don't buy it. Simple.

Upvote 0
Took delivery of my car in May 2021.
About 2-3 weeks in a few caution notices on display, brought it to the service center near me, gave me a loaner, car back next day all fixed. Squeek in back seat, service center fixed. That is extent of my issues. Car runs great. So happy I do not have to pay these crazy gas prices. In NYS, Con-Ed customers who notify Con-Ed (Time of Use Program) of EV get special pricing off peak, plus money back each month from FleetCarma.

Upvote 0
That's not true, but it may vary by service center. Some are better than others. After 4 years, I finally got the upper control arm squeak (which has probably been re-engineered by now) and they were both replaced under warranty in less than an hour by a mobile service tech. While I washed my dishes and sipped my morning coffee.

Upvote 0
My 2020 has been perfect, no regrets. There was one tiny noise from the center console (that nobody else could hear but me). I put a request into the app, and a mobile service guy showed up at my home in a Model S full of tools and parts, fixed it in a few minutes. It has a slight rattle from one part of the dash now after 2 years, which is pretty normal for cars in this price range IME.

Upvote 0
The best piece of advice I’ve seen here is to buy a Tesla for the tech, not the car. Tech is definitely awesome. The car itself, not so much. Personally, I am lukewarm satisfied with mine, but I probably won’t ever buy another. YMMV.
Interesting. After almost four years of ownership, I’d reverse that advice. I really love the car! I love it’s accompanying on-the-road Supercharging network. Not so much a fan of the tech if I’m honest. I really REALLY wish I’d saved the $3000 it cost me to get FSD in 2018 and purchased the stock instead. I really REALLY don’t like how the user interface has changed (not evolved, but simply changed). I really REALLY don’t like mucking around with driving controls and, given there is no binnacle, the vehicle’s driving status.

SO for me, buy the car as a great and maybe the best EV available today, not the tech.

Upvote 0
The best piece of advice I’ve seen here is to buy a Tesla for the tech, not the car. Tech is definitely awesome. The car itself, not so much. Personally, I am lukewarm satisfied with mine, but I probably won’t ever buy another. YMMV.
That's an interesting take. I don't really care about the Tech, games or media thought I do love the free streaming music. Driving the car is my favorite part. It's so fast, smooth and quiet. And the seats are just perfect super comfortable. May I ask what model you chose? I know I was going back forth with some of the models and I'm glad I chose what I did.

I may have had some regrets if I didn't get the M3 LR+Boost or if I chose the Y. That Y doesn't fit what I was looking for.

Reactions: DocHolliday
Upvote 0