Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Configured - Next Steps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been looking at financing and insurance for the 3 and wanted to get some feedback.

Financing - Local credit union is offering 2.34%. TechCU is 2.49%. These are the lowest advertised rates but I should be eligible for them. Anyone find something cheaper?

Insurance - Currently with Gieco but they added $1600 to the yearly premium for the 3. Liberty mutual and State Farm have some in lower than my existing premium with better coverage ($500 collision vs $1000)! Pays to shop around. One thing I’m a little hesisitsnt on is that I will be loosing mechanical breakdown coverage @ $140 a year with a $250 deductible. TechCU offers this and was wondering if anyone here has purchased it? What was the experience and cost? Plan on talking Gieco (only ones that offer mech. Breakdown currently) down on the premium but if that doesn’t work then I have to switch so wanted to see if there are any other options for the mech. breakdown insurance.

Anything else I need to do before taking delivery?