Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 console wrap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is Evannex even selling their console or dash wrap kits? I can't find them anywhere on their website. Are they backordered, or not actually released yet? I like the tabs with Evannex better than the ones RPM Tesla is selling. Thanks for any input

I just installed the RPM Tesla center console wrap in brushed steel. The reflections that I was getting off of the piano black while driving were starting to get really annoying.

The vinyl material has a nice feel and the installation video is absolutely right in saying it's easy to work with and very forgiving. I'm overall happy with the look, but the cutouts were not precise. They were clearly cut by hand, which is obvious when looking at the cutout for the cup holder. Instead of perfectly smooth arcs, the edges were flatter in some areas than others, leading to tiny parts of the curved edge around the top of the cup holders not getting covered.

The flip-down drawer is the easiest piece to install, but a word of advice: I feel the installation video tells you to install it from the wrong direction. When I placed it the first time, I came up just a millimeter short of covering the entire edge/lip of the lid that's visible when the lid is open. Aligning it with that edge first is more important to cover all of the piano black if you want to keep the door open.

My main concern is whether it will remain over time. It seems like the area around the cup holders are going to start peeling back at some point.

IMG_20180428_142326.jpg IMG_20180428_142402.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: Schowtyme and fseir
I just installed the RPM Tesla center console wrap in brushed steel. The reflections that I was getting off of the piano black while driving were starting to get really annoying.

The vinyl material has a nice feel and the installation video is absolutely right in saying it's easy to work with and very forgiving. I'm overall happy with the look, but the cutouts were not precise. They were clearly cut by hand, which is obvious when looking at the cutout for the cup holder. Instead of perfectly smooth arcs, the edges were flatter in some areas than others, leading to tiny parts of the curved edge around the top of the cup holders not getting covered.

The flip-down drawer is the easiest piece to install, but a word of advice: I feel the installation video tells you to install it from the wrong direction. When I placed it the first time, I came up just a millimeter short of covering the entire edge/lip of the lid that's visible when the lid is open. Aligning it with that edge first is more important to cover all of the piano black if you want to keep the door open.

My main concern is whether it will remain over time. It seems like the area around the cup holders are going to start peeling back at some point.

View attachment 297564 View attachment 297565
Can you please do me a favour...

Im looking at this exact wrap but would like to see a few further away shots from a few different angles.

Any chance you would be willing to take a few extra photos to share please??:)

Can you please do me a favour...

Im looking at this exact wrap but would like to see a few further away shots from a few different angles.

Any chance you would be willing to take a few extra photos to share please??:)

This is the only other angle I have on my phone right now. It's too dark right now to get good shots. Let me know what angles you want to see.

IMG_20180428_152015.jpg

I love the matte clear. View attachment 297604
Matte clear would have been my first choice, but the RPM examples never looked great — lots of imperfections. Your installation looks awesome, though!

I like the brushed titanium, but also ran into some problems with the flip lid being too short, longitudinally. I also ended up with some creases on the folded over portion under the armrest (only visible when the armrest is lifted). I think the Evannex tabbed version would be better, when/if it ever comes to market.