Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 console wrap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ll second that. Need some competition to improve the quality control and ease of installation.
Thanks, and yes, I hope to have everything on the site within a week, just waiting on some packaging, and I need to grab photos of the other finishes. There's been a huge amount of trial and error, but I'm really happy with the result, as is Mrs AO (it's her Model 3)!

Thanks, and yes, I hope to have everything on the site within a week, just waiting on some packaging, and I need to grab photos of the other finishes. There's been a huge amount of trial and error, but I'm really happy with the result, as is Mrs AO (it's her Model 3)!
Glad I saw this. I was about to order from RPM. I'd rather deal locally. If you need another car to test / photo different finishes... let me know. :) I'm in North Fort Worth.

Glad I saw this. I was about to order from RPM. I'd rather deal locally. If you need another car to test / photo different finishes... let me know. :) I'm in North Fort Worth.
Thanks Craig, I think we're good, we've had a few testers check them out for us. The last few weeks have been spent making ridiculously tiny tweaks to get them as perfect as possible, the most recent change was narrowing the cup holder cutout by 0.22mm. I don't know what that is in inches, but it's not much! We will have some other decals for the logo's and handles that will either color-match the 3, or be in the usual finishes, but it would be good to get photos of those on other colors - our 3 is white.

Thanks Craig, I think we're good, we've had a few testers check them out for us. The last few weeks have been spent making ridiculously tiny tweaks to get them as perfect as possible, the most recent change was narrowing the cup holder cutout by 0.22mm. I don't know what that is in inches, but it's not much! We will have some other decals for the logo's and handles that will either color-match the 3, or be in the usual finishes, but it would be good to get photos of those on other colors - our 3 is white.
I plan on plastidipping the chrome, but I'd love a gloss black wrap/decal for the handles to match the body paint. Also interested in the center console piece.

Care to share what you plan the pricing to be?
It'll be competitive :) I'm not trying to be evasive, I can't quite finalize the price until the end of the week; there's no customs charges for once as it's all done in-house, but the main recurring cost are the materials, and I'm trying to optimize that as best we can, but the approach we've taken to how it's all laid out means there's more waste than is ideal (but makes for a simpler install).

I plan on plastidipping the chrome, but I'd love a gloss black wrap/decal for the handles to match the body paint. Also interested in the center console piece.
We've gone for a simpler approach on the handles, as all the 'full wrap' kits I've tried don't look great, and I think are fiddly to install. Instead, we've gone for a simple skin, which takes the best part of 10 seconds to install. I know some people prefer to hide all the chrome of the handle, but we'll always focus on ease-of-install as a priority. Here's a pic of the carbon fiber. As for the other chrome (wing mirror and doors), I'm trying various kits to see how easy it can be made to install. My initial impression is that it's not that easy, so might not be something we pursue. The doors are relatively easy, but the wing mirror is not.
IMG_0912.jpg

We've gone for a simpler approach on the handles, as all the 'full wrap' kits I've tried don't look great, and I think are fiddly to install. Instead, we've gone for a simple skin, which takes the best part of 10 seconds to install. I know some people prefer to hide all the chrome of the handle, but we'll always focus on ease-of-install as a priority. Here's a pic of the carbon fiber. As for the other chrome (wing mirror and doors), I'm trying various kits to see how easy it can be made to install. My initial impression is that it's not that easy, so might not be something we pursue. The doors are relatively easy, but the wing mirror is not.
View attachment 298406
That looks great. Most of the handle wraps I’ve seen, just look terrible. I’d really like to match my body color (MSM), and wouldn’t mind if a sliver of chrome showed around the edges, as long as it was even.

How difficult was it to remove? I'd like to do this as well.

Two of the three glossy parts are easy to remove. You just pry off the soft touch side panels (about 6-7 clips, and it pulls right off), them remove the aluminum side rails that are attached with half a dozen sxrews. Removing the phone door is harder, the hinge has a screw on each side, then there is a third screw on the left side that you have to hold the door in a certain position to reach. Be careful not to drop the screws into the console! The cup holder also pops off, but it took a scary amount of force. That tiny area has about seven clips holding it in place, plus you have to be careful not to rip the wiring harness for the key reader. I think removing the storage door (the middle of the three pieces) would require disassembling most of the center console, which I wasn't able to do.

It looks amazing, and was worth the effort.