TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model 3 Convertible

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Kevin Harney, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Kevin Harney

Kevin Harney Active Member

Someone a while back posted this picture of their rendering of the Model 3 (then Model C) wish I could give credit where it is due but can't remember. This is the best rendering I have seen to date. :biggrin:

Anyone with good photo skills that can make this a convertible ?

Model 3.JPG

2. favo

favo Model 3 Reservation Holder

This seems to be a 2+2 or Mazda RX-8 kind of setup with suicide doors in the back, which would require folding down the front seats for access. I would prefer a traditional 4-door sedan or hatchback. The cabin probably shouldn't be that short front-to-back, nor the hood that long. I'm sure Franz can come up with something that still looks good. We'll just have to wait and see. :wink:

[Edit] Ack. Missed the all-important "Convertible" part. Not a big fan of convertibles, so you can probably just ignore my comments above, which were aimed at the initial Model 3 release version.

3. Kevin Harney

Kevin Harney Active Member

I think the first and only 4 door hard top convertible on the market would be a show stealer !! Make it so Elon :biggrin: