Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - Cost to charge by energy provider calculator v2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found this @Andywil : https://www.edfenergy.com/sites/default/files/ev_rate_card_go_electric_nov_21.pdf

Prices look to have gone up a bit, now included both rates
Hi DaveW
Looks like peak rate has home up for new contracts but off peak still 8p for overnight and all weekend.
It's a no brainer for us with solar as we cover some of the peak rate with sun and it's cheap over night. If it's sunny on a weekend it's virtually free.

Just to complicate your spreadsheet it's off peak 10pm Friday to 8am Monday, thinks that's 58hrs !

Reactions: DaveW
Hi DaveW
Looks like peak rate has home up for new contracts but off peak still 8p for overnight and all weekend.
It's a no brainer for us with solar as we cover some of the peak rate with sun and it's cheap over night. If it's sunny on a weekend it's virtually free.

Very nice! Too much do do in this place to spare the money on solar sadly, it’s on my list of things to get at some point :)

Is Go Faster still available ? When I inquired I was told that it was a limited trial now closed to new takers.

Got in touch with a contact at Octopus, Go Faster is still in an invite only Beta (told him I’ll be badgering him for an invite once I’m moved over!).

I’ll leave it in, but make a note that it’s not some thing that you can get at the moment.

• Informative
Reactions: MrBadger
I've posted this in a few places to see if I've missed any EV (cheap overnight) suppliers, but it doesn't look like there are that many good deals other than the ones I've listed at the moment (even Bulb could probably be removed).

If anyone has any other recommendations I'm all ears :)

Where do you get the 6.5% charging loss. I have seen higher figures like type2 10% and UMC 15%. DC charging on a 3rd party charger may be even worse. superchargers are the only ones to charge based on how much DC actually reaches the car

Over the first 10K I did if you compare the total consumed by the car vs total kwh recorded by my charger then the difference was about 30% ( preheat, sentry, charge loss etc and mainly over the winter) so if you want a realistic measure of what you will be spending per mile a significant correction factor is needed. The wh/m figure from the car is really only any use for calculating range not cost.

Where do you get the 6.5% charging loss. I have seen higher figures like type2 10% and UMC 15%. DC charging on a 3rd party charger may be even worse. superchargers are the only ones to charge based on how much DC actually reaches the car

Over the first 10K I did if you compare the total consumed by the car vs total kwh recorded by my charger then the difference was about 30% ( preheat, sentry, charge loss etc and mainly over the winter) so if you want a realistic measure of what you will be spending per mile a significant correction factor is needed. The wh/m figure from the car is really only any use for calculating range not cost.

It's just an average Jason, asked from a bunch of people on one of the Facebook groups and it seems to roughly line up with my home charging experience with a wall box, never actually used my UMC though!