Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 cover available in the UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you strapped it down at the back?

I was all set to buy one of these and then I spoke to my detailer guy who said "it will mark paint no matter how soft of a cover", so I got scared :(

My car is covered in dust and crap though, and it's getting hot inside according to the Tesla app.

I ordered one of these several days ago and (similarly post-quarantine) have just put it on. Won't bother with photos as @DaddyCool 's are clearer than anything my driveway would allow.

I'd been the lookout for one that at least claimed to be charging-compatible and this seems to fit the bill.

As noted above, it does seem rather thin - I can't quite imagine how five layers of anything could be squeezed in there, but I'm no expert in these materials. The inner lining is soft-ish, a thread-thin layer of fleece, but smooth enough running your hand over. I had the same issue on a SR+ of the back not fitting terribly well (with front & rear straps done up). The charging "port" is a large triangular zipped cutaway, again not particularly inspiring but should do the job provided zip doesn't suffer from exposure to elements (it has just a small cover strip). It could probably do with a central strap as well, to stop the sides from flapping - will keep an eye next time we have strong winds and think about stitching one on.

Overall a "just good enough" 6-7 out of 10, which compared to ~£400+ for the presumed 10 out of 10 Tesla cover doesn't seem so bad I suppose.

I've washed, waxed and covered mine, I'm including photos to show the charge flap, and that the rear straps can be teased into the wheel arches so they don't touch paint. They're pretty soft straps anyway... I'm happy with it, it's fairly sheltered from wind where it's parked anyway.

Aaaaand before anyone asks: Nope my garage is too small :(
IMG_1092.jpeg
IMG_1093.jpeg
IMG_1094.jpeg
IMG_1096.jpeg
IMG_1097.jpeg

I hate to say it folks, but that cover just doesn’t fit right at the back and will mark the bumper. Also, the side, without mirror pockets leaves a loose line that will flap against the sides of the car in the wind. I had a perfectly tailored Lotus Evora cover that fit like a glove, and after some lashing wind and rain left marks on the black gloss parts. They did polish out, but whenever it was windy after I took the cover off, they really do move about in the wind.

I hate to say it folks, but that cover just doesn’t fit right at the back and will mark the bumper. Also, the side, without mirror pockets leaves a loose line that will flap against the sides of the car in the wind. I had a perfectly tailored Lotus Evora cover that fit like a glove, and after some lashing wind and rain left marks on the black gloss parts. They did polish out, but whenever it was windy after I took the cover off, they really do move about in the wind.
Yeah, I am worried about the rear elasticated section strapped around the painted part of the bumper :(

Just speaking from my own experience here guys. Mine is garaged, and I’m going to get an interior cover, just to stop dust and the chance of any birds dropping on it as they have nested in the rafters in the past! If I had to store it outside again, I’d use the Tesla cover. The risk points are any edges that can contact the paint, and the mirrors if not in a pocket. I seem to recall reading on here someone mentioned the manufacturer Telsa use for the cover who do their own (a little like WeatherTech and the mats). It was a US firm.