Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 crash @ +100MPH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This thread is great! Not the original intent but (like so many) what it has turned into. Reminds me of one of my favorite birthday cards. There’s a picture of two nice, young women hanging out on the front. Woman one asks the other “So where’s your birthday party at?” And the other woman replies “Never end a sentence with a preposition.”

Open the card, same two women. The first one now says “So where’s your birthday party at, B!tch.”

Happy Birthday!

• Funny
Reactions: DopeGhoti and KenC
Well... in process I found that
1) I have missed one negative sign in the Newton's law: m * Y'' = - c * (Y')^2 - m*g
2) I need to include the Magnus force to account for an extra force that can change the trajectory of the tire due to pressure difference on different sides of the rotating tire (a variant of Bernoulli effect).
3) The gyroscopic effect, that is the conservation of the angular momentum of a rotating tire, has to be accounted somehow because the Magnus force may exert torque on the rotating tire.
4) I read several relatively new academic papers on kinematics of tennis balls and frisbees.

... S$!t , this is an active research field! We need more data, I guess ... or not?

What, no adjustments for relativistic effects?
Back to the chalkboard, son.

• Funny
Reactions: bedoig
Good to hear that innocent bystanders were not harmed. Amazing that the driver walked away with minor injuries but I hope that they throw the book at him. Was not familiar with the term RUD; had to Google it and then came up with this...

RUD, The Mad Libs Game (select one word from each column to come up with a description for the accident):

Rapid.........Unscheduled.....Disassembly
Really........Unfortunate.....Destruction
Remarkably....Unusual.........Damage
Randomly......Uncontrolled....Disaster

I thought it was Rapid Unintentional Disassembly.