Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 crazy vampire drain

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Check if you phone key is connecting to car, even though you are in the house. While in the garage my car is about 60 feet from my phone and still stays connected. Im experiencing 6mi of loss every 12 hours. Im going to try to turn off Bluetooth at night and see if it helps.

With BT on 24/7 and 2% +,- loss per 24 hours, with the iPhone less that 61 feet and usually1/2 that most all the day, the above drain seems very odd. In fact, when going into deep sleep, the S and I require a fair bit of time to awaken (S is after hitting the Tesla app or entering the car).

Thank you very much

FURY

Check if you phone key is connecting to car, even though you are in the house. While in the garage my car is about 60 feet from my phone and still stays connected. Im experiencing 6mi of loss every 12 hours. Im going to try to turn off Bluetooth at night and see if it helps.

My car is across the street from house, so definitely not the BT. Even with slightly warmer weather--temps in the 50's overnight, drain was still about 7 miles during the overnight....will see if it is still the same after next firmware update--if so, then will escalate to service center.

My car is at my detailer's garage, several miles away. (Not in BT range). The car is on 2018.4.9. I'm losing 7-8 miles a day, in a garage with an ambient temperature of 60-62 degrees. I've been testing this for a little over a week. It seems if I check on my battery (using the app) every 30 minutes, or only once in 24 hours, it makes no difference in my 7-8 mile daily vampire drain. It also seems that I loose abound 3-4 miles every 12 hours, so the car does not enter a deeper sleep state at night. I'm losing the same amount from 9am-9pm as I am from 9pm-9am.

Once I get my car back I'll try a restart (display and entire vehicle), and give Service a call.

I have gone from 250 to 186 miles in 8.5 days due to Vampire Drain.

My car lost 6 miles of charge last night, granted it was in the driveway and temps got into the high 30's. I also think it keeps waking up way too often when any of the 2 connected iPhones get into the kitchen (which is at the driveway side of the house). The one thing I really don't like about phone pairing as key is the car is way too eager to 'wake up' - wait until I'm < 6' away please..

Ya, they aren't really giving it out. I got my car last week (after 10.1 had been out for a few days), the and the SC said that the latest they could put on the car at the time was 2018.4.9. I guess now there's also 2018.4.18 and 2018.4.17, haven't gotten those either though, and I'm not sure if they have the rear seat UI or not.

I have some good news to report:
I upgrade 2018.10.5 yesterday, from 8pm to today 9am, it only lost 1 mile
I never saw this kinds of conservation for the past 3 months, even I tried everything I could think of.

I also noticed this morning when I opened the door, the screen is black, after 5 seconds it turned on, which might be a good indicator its finally goes to sleep yesterday. Which I never saw on past three months, before it used turn on the display instantly when open the door after hours of idle.

I’ll report back more after a few days.