Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 cruise control after V10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drive on a few roads with 35 and 30 mph speed limits. I have always been able to set the cruise. Now with V10, the minimum it is allowing me is 40. Worse, when I am going 30 and trying to set it, it will accelerate to 40. Not good, am I doing something wrong? Am I the only one seeing this?

I drive on a few roads with 35 and 30 mph speed limits. I have always been able to set the cruise. Now with V10, the minimum it is allowing me is 40. Worse, when I am going 30 and trying to set it, it will accelerate to 40. Not good, am I doing something wrong? Am I the only one seeing this?

Have not tried it yet, but will. Usually the issue the car has (not me) is setting cruise too high over legal posted limited, if 40mph it wont do over 45 i think.

It should set the speed to X above the speed limit, where you set the X.

My value for X is 10, so when I invoke cruise on a 35 mph limit, I get 45 mph until I use the right scroller to adjust it. Depending on the road, the area and the conditions, that'll be to either 40 with a spin, or inch it down to 43.

Occasionally, when I invoke cruise, it sets the "max" to the speed I'm doing, but I haven't yet figured out how to get this consistently.
It surely would be desirable if there was a reproducible way to tell the the car to set the "max speed" to my current speed.

I still can set it to 25. Do it everyday. Yes, I have V10

I will have to try again the next time I go out. It seemed really odd. Maybe just a glitch. (not that we ever want those). I have my setting to 0 over the rated speed. Thanks and I will report back next time. Glad to hear its not a new "feature"

Ok, I just went out and sped down the driveway and it let me set it at 20. The little circled number below your speed would count up and down with my speed. The other day it would not go below 40 would go above it but not below. . Now I am curious why it did that. For now it appears to be an anomaly. Possibly something I did, but have no clue what.