Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 custom order question.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks in advance for the responses. We live in Indiana. Wife wants to get small EV and obviously M3 is one of two cars we are considering.

1. Based on what I've found the new M3s without USS still don't have working backup warning via Tesla Vision, is this correct?

2. If I place an order now can I keep pushing back on delivery date until backup warning is back online? Will Tesla cancel my order if I tell them I'm not ready to take delivery? How far out can I push?

3. Also based on what I read the backup warning is part of Park Assist. Does Park Assist come standard in M3s or is it part of Enhanced Autopilot? Tesla site doesn't make this very clear. I'm hoping I don't have to spend an extra 6k.

Thanks!

1. yes, thats correct.

2. yes, tesla will cancel your order if you attempt to keep pushing it off. You will get something like 7 days after the scheduled delivery date they originally give you. This part is pretty simple actually, dont order the car until you are ready to take delivery. If working USS features are a deal breaker for you, dont order till you see they have that working, period.

3. Park assist would normally come with the car but its not available yet.

Thanks for the response! Couple of more questions:

1. What happens if tesla lower their price after I placed my order? Will I pay the lower price?
2. Can existing order be modified?

Thanks Again!

1. In general, they have done this in the past. Tesla changes things all the time but I feel fairly comfortable saying you should be able to expect to pay the lower of the price when you order or the price when you take delivery. I wouldnt expect them to incrementally lower pricing while your order is processing but if its lower when you are ready to take delivery, you would pay the lower price.

2. Yes (but dont expect to be able to play games with pushing off delivery past your originally scheduled delivery date. Thank all the people who constantly delayed orders previously for that.