Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Damaged at CS, is this normal? What should I do?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is my first post here, but I need some advice.

I dropped my M3 off at the Burbank SC on a Saturday with 77% of charge. The next evening when I checked the mobile app, it had 52% charge. Then they turned the mobile app off on Monday (when they started working on it).

When I went to pick up the car today (Tuesday), it had some minor scratches on the body and a lot of damage to one of the rims. I am 100% this wasn't there before, cause I baby this car, and I also have photos.

I asked them how this happened, and they kind of "shrugged shoulders". They are telling me "There are no curbs at the SC", but the rim damage is obvious curb rash. And they're telling me that the for servicing of the turning stock (the original reason I took the cat to SC) you don't need to drive it.
  • Am I wrong in assuming that someone must've taken it for a ride and damaged the rim?
  • Has anyone seen the battery go down 25% over night?
Obviously, they offered to fix the rim, and buff out all the scratches (or repaint it). It's just infuriating to have to repaint a car with 1,986 miles on it.

Has anyone had this happen to them?
Is there anything else I should do? (Other than let them fix all the damages they caused)

@RyanF I can't, it gives that "Mobile Access Disabled" error.
That's a setting they turn on when they start working on the car, and you/them can turn it off from car settings when you get it back.

@bluetinc Thanks! that was a good idea. It's just 2 extra miles (1,988)

So, it's not 10-20 miles I was expecting, but still weird.
Thanks for all the suggestions :)

Do you have pictures of the scratches? If they arent deep, I'd propose that you take it to a detailer you trust and then let the SC pay the bill or reimburse you.

It sucks that it happened, but crap happens at car dealerships. I had taken a car to the local Toyota dealership. When I picked it up, I saw there was some damage to the rear passenger door. I told the service manager on duty and he took pictures and said he would talk to the service manager from the morning and then review the security camera footage of when I brought the car in.

The next day they called and said they could see the car was not damaged when I brought it in and would take care of it and put me in a rental. They ended up repainting the door. The match wasnt too much of an issue since the car was solid white, but 2-3 years later, the poor quality paintwork really started to show.

In your case, if they are willing to fix the wheel and essentially pay for a paint correction, you may end up coming out ahead (minus the time spent dealing with this).

@tracksyde yeah, your story is similar to a bunch of mine, when dealing with BMW. I just wouldn't expect it from Tesla. After all SC's are not dealerships, it's not their job to make your life hell :mad:

And you're right, I guess I'll come out ahead (minus my frustration right now).
And thanks for the heads up on the paintwork.

When the service center takes your car they are supposed to do a check off sheet that has a picture of the car with all the damage noted on it. (it is like a rental car checkout where you mark damages). They should be able to provide that checkout sheet, and if it doesn't show any damages then that means the damage was done under their care. At least the Van Nuys service center does that.

Matt

• Disagree
Reactions: xyeahtony