Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 dash cam install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed my Blackvue 750S. It's pretty straightforward as long as you're not concerned about hardwiring it. If you power it from the 12V outlet in the console, it's pretty easy. If you want to hardwire it so that it's always on, it makes things a bit more complicated. You'll need to run the power through the firewall and connect to the battery, as far as I'm aware. Nobody's found access to the fuse panel so far. It might be possible to power it from the autopilot sensors behind the mirror, but I didn't want to be the first to tear into that area.

I installed my Blackvue 750S. It's pretty straightforward as long as you're not concerned about hardwiring it. If you power it from the 12V outlet in the console, it's pretty easy. If you want to hardwire it so that it's always on, it makes things a bit more complicated. You'll need to run the power through the firewall and connect to the battery, as far as I'm aware. Nobody's found access to the fuse panel so far. It might be possible to power it from the autopilot sensors behind the mirror, but I didn't want to be the first to tear into that area.
Can you please post a picture of what that looks like with the cord plugged in?

FYI, do not place your rear camera just behind the B-pillar crossbeam. The view from there is worthless due to the reflections on the tinted rear window.

Attachments

• Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    2.1 MB · Views: 255