Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Dash Rattle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you for sharing this. At the end of the video he shows how to "fix" it without taking the dash apart. I went out to my M3 and put some pressure in that area the sound went away! That rattle is very annoying and now I know what has to be done. Thank you!

Thank you for sharing this. At the end of the video he shows how to "fix" it without taking the dash apart. I went out to my M3 and put some pressure in that area the sound went away! That rattle is very annoying and now I know what has to be done. Thank you!
Yes, stuffing foam between the windshield and that corner of the dash is a fine solution, or if you're picky it's a fine way to test & demonstrate the cause of the rattle. This rattle can sound like it's coming from the steering column or something, and it can be hard to reproduce.

Eventually I asked the Service Center if they'd fix it while in for the trunk lid harness recall. They fixed it for free (but didn't have the parts for the recall). You may get different answers about that from different Service Centers on different days.

Also see Model 3 - Vibration Noise from Steering Column Plastic Cover

🤔, wonder if this is the rattling noise I'm hearing on my 2023 M3. Mine only occurs at high speeds, 65-70+.
If tapping on that corner of the speaker grill while parked rattles a bit, that's a good clue. Or stuff foam into the corner and test that. Or if you can reach it safely while driving, try pressing down on the grill to see if it stops the noise.

If squeezing the steering column cover stops the noise, see the previously linked thread about tightening its Torx screw and the complicated process of opening the cover, or ask a Service Center to fix it.

One of those videos discusses a rattle in the A pillars.

If tapping on that corner of the speaker grill while parked rattles a bit, that's a good clue. Or stuff foam into the corner and test that. Or if you can reach it safely while driving, try pressing down on the grill to see if it stops the noise.

If squeezing the steering column cover stops the noise, see the previously linked thread about tightening its Torx screw and the complicated process of opening the cover, or ask a Service Center to fix it.

One of those videos discusses a rattle in the A pillars.
Thanks for the tip!

Reactions: Transformer