Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 day 1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i picked up my model3 yesterday vin 42xxx) and wow it is amazing to drive. Almost everything about the car I totally love, the way it looks, the way it drives, the interface on the touch screen. Pickup experience in Fremont was smooth. They were pushing a ton of cars out that day !

Looking forward to day 2!
It's like jumping 20 years into the future, right? I mean there is NOTHING like this car anywhere. I feel like if it could fly I'd be in Jetsons or Star Wars. My friend called it "my spaceship" after she rode in it.

That’s what I was thinking too, but when the adapter is connected it no longer mates to the connection holder on the charger. I could probably dangle it over the charger but that would get knocked off all the time, et, and also leave the charging connections exposed to the elements (may not matter)

Can you use the cable organizer with the adapter?

Model S/X/3 Cable Organizer

I don't know if the thickness of the J1772 will interfere with the organizer (but I guess the adapter could always be shaved downed to fit).

3. The wind noise is noticeable. I had assumed most people complaining about this hadn’t driven in an electric before and it’s just the last bit of noise. But my previous car was a ford (yuck) fusion plug in hybrid which was much quieter on the high way when running the electric motors. It’s not too bad, but definitely noticeable. I saw in the forums there is an aftermarket gasket which fills in around the sun roof. Does this really correct it?

Congrats on the car! Really is an amazing vehicle.

I too had the Ford Fusion Energi and that car was quiet! The thing that Ford did was install Noise Cancelling Technology. In the headliner you could see (if you were looking for them) 3 microphones. Then based on the cabin, the technology would put noise cancelling through the speaker system. Very good technology!

I installed the aftermarket gasket and I think it helped a little, not like the Fusion Energi, but a little.

For me, the suspension is loud. I have lowered my tires to 39psi, but still, its too loud for a new car.

Still love it though!!!!!

Good luck,

Vin

• Informative
Reactions: Arpe
You need the new update. I'm on 2018.24.7
Thanks for that. I just got my 3 yesterday and it ran an update last night, but it's on 21.9. Guess I'll wait for another one.
3. The wind noise is noticeable.
My previous car was a Chevy Volt, so I'm used to quiet cars. I noticed some noise on a 7 mile drive yesterday, appearing to come from the pax side. Thought a door wasn't closed all the way.

FWIW, I was able to use my Chevy Volt's EVSE cable with J1772 connector and Tesla adapter to charge my Tesla at home 240V socket in my garage. It ran at 12A, 240V, 10mi/hr. Couldn't use the Tesla-supplied one yet because my socket is NEMA 14-30 and don't have Tesla adapter yet.

I just found that there is a way to adjust the ride.Quick control/Driving. DIdn't try it out.

Really? Let me know what it is.

I just checked mine and there is nothing related to the ride.

There is acceleration, steering, braking and creep, but nothing on suspension or ride comfort.

What is the option called? I have not heard of anyone mentioning it.

I hope you are right.

Vin

I took my car in for service today for a few minor things and they came with me to road test the car to listen to the wind noise. When they heard it they said it’s definately not normal. They’re not sure yet if it’s the roof or the window yet. They said the car will be much quieter after it’s repaired. So looks like it shouldn’t be louder than my old Ford Fusion energi :)

The pointed out that the roof is slightly raised on one side which might cause it but they need to look more.

Was really happy with the service in general. Super friendly and helpful.

They gave me a model S to drive and I can say that I actually much prefer the model3 I’m how it drives.