Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 day 1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i picked up my model3 yesterday vin 42xxx) and wow it is amazing to drive. Almost everything about the car I totally love, the way it looks, the way it drives, the interface on the touch screen. Pickup experience in Fremont was smooth. They were pushing a ton of cars out that day !

The things I have noticed after pickup (only negatives because the positives would take too long too list!!)

1. The frunk is slightly miss aligned to the right side of the car (see photo). Interestingly enough this wasn’t true before i opened the frunk but now it doesn’t sit level. Not too bad, but not ideal. Is this something Tesla service can fix ?
2. I’ve had the windshield wiper low indicator turn on twice and then back off
3. The wind noise is noticeable. I had assumed most people complaining about this hadn’t driven in an electric before and it’s just the last bit of noise. But my previous car was a ford (yuck) fusion plug in hybrid which was much quieter on the high way when running the electric motors. It’s not too bad, but definitely noticeable. I saw in the forums there is an aftermarket gasket which fills in around the sun roof. Does this really correct it?
4. The WiFi signal seems really low. My cell phone has full bars on my home WiFi in the car but the car has 1 bar.
5. I have a chargepoint home charger. The adapter works fine but it’s annoying that I can’t leave the adapter on all the time and plug it back into the charger. This means everytime I come home I will need to plug and unplug the adapter. I may end up putting in a Tesla charger to save this step in the long run. We’ll see.

Looking forward to day 2!

Attachments

• 42161055-755A-4731-8CC3-DE2F8D1C2D81.jpeg
    42161055-755A-4731-8CC3-DE2F8D1C2D81.jpeg
    555.4 KB · Views: 144
  • 0203679D-D90D-4FB8-A42B-E992C8A1FE1B.jpeg
    0203679D-D90D-4FB8-A42B-E992C8A1FE1B.jpeg
    156.6 KB · Views: 128
Reactions: shrspeedblade
1. The frunk is slightly miss aligned to the right side of the car (see photo). Interestingly enough this wasn’t true before i opened the frunk but now it doesn’t sit level. Not too bad, but not ideal. Is this something Tesla service can fix ?

Yes

4. The WiFi signal seems really low. My cell phone has full bars on my home WiFi in the car but the car has 1 bar.

I cannot even get WiFi menu to come up, perhaps my firmware is in need of updating...

2. I’ve had the windshield wiper low indicator turn on twice and then back off

The fluid light, correct? Known firmware bug. Also the brake light is in that bug.

5. I have a chargepoint home charger. The adapter works fine but it’s annoying that I can’t leave the adapter on all the time and plug it back into the charger. This means everytime I come home I will need to plug and unplug the adapter. I may end up putting in a Tesla charger to save this step in the long run. We’ll see.
You could leave the adapter (J1772) our your charger, and buy a second one to keep in the car in case you have to use it with a public L2 charging station.

• Helpful
Reactions: DR61

Do you have to plug it back into the charger? Can you just leave it on a hook or something?

You could leave the adapter (J1772) our your charger, and buy a second one to keep in the car in case you have to use it with a public L2 charging station.

That’s what I was thinking too, but when the adapter is connected it no longer mates to the connection holder on the charger. I could probably dangle it over the charger but that would get knocked off all the time, et, and also leave the charging connections exposed to the elements (may not matter)

I don't think wind noise level is consistent between Model 3 builds. I have a Feb build and it is amazingly quiet.

Yeah I’ve heard different Tesla’s are slightly louder than others in terms of wind noise.

To be clear the noise isn’t BAD. It’s just louder than my ford when running electric. I had expected that most people saying there was wind noise was because they werent used to a totally silent electric car.

I think my Model 3 is quieter than my 2011 Leaf was, but it rides substantially stiffer. Much more of a sports car feel and drive. It really reminds me a lot of my 1997 Prelude, but tighter. The view out the window is similar (but better) as is the handling. Of course, it's like having warp drive vs. impulse power in speed department.