TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 daytime running lights, low beams, high beams auto?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Rlhm3, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Rlhm3

Rlhm3 Member

As I was driving at night along the 401 and 416 it seemed like the little lights icon changed once in a while from blue with rays pointing forward to green with rays aiming forward but down. I'm guessing this was high beams and low beams?

It seemed to be on high beams even when close to another car so wondering if I have it wrong or if it's not working properly?

• Like x 1
  2. Liquidmetal101

I think I have the same issue as you, I turned off auto highbeams. Im still trying to figure things out.
    Any chance you've had your windows tinted?

3. Vawlkus

Vawlkus Member

Green is your regular lights, blue is your high beams, same as any other car.

4. Bushcaddy

Bushcaddy Member

Did you have auto high beams selected on the screen as well?

5. Rlhm3

Rlhm3 Member

No, I haven't done anything aftermarket to the car but will install my locking wheel nuts once I figure out how to remove the aero plastic things.

6. Rlhm3

Rlhm3 Member

I remember that when I noticed this while driving on the 401, I did turn off AUTO in the lights menu but can't remember if it was for high beams or all lights in general.

7. Stan K

Stan K Member

No, I haven't done anything aftermarket to the car but will install my locking wheel nuts once I figure out how to remove the aero plastic things.
    To remove the cups is very easy. Just grab with both hands and pull one section at a time. I did it in e few seconds. Also you can see it on YT.

• Informative x 1
  8. iwannam3

iwannam3 Member

My high beams won't come on even on a deserted street if it is in auto. Front was wrapped, but I don't think they do the headlight cover.

9. Osteolog

Osteolog Member

Do you see a grey headlight icon with an ‘A’ in it? Just turning on the option in settings doesn’t enable them, you have to try to turn on the high beams by pushing the left stalk forward as well.

Also, it’s based on the cameras behind your rear view mirror, covering your headlights shouldn’t do anything.

10. iwannam3

iwannam3 Member

I would push the lever forward and the high would come on until I released it. Dark country road no cars anywhere. I could flash high beams, but the would not stay on.

11. kellogg76

kellogg76 Member

Do you see a grey headlight icon with an ‘A’ in it in the top left of the display? If not then it's not on, and you need to pull the lever the other direction. One way does a flash of the high beams, the other direction puts them on auto.