Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 daytime running lights, low beams, high beams auto?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I was driving at night along the 401 and 416 it seemed like the little lights icon changed once in a while from blue with rays pointing forward to green with rays aiming forward but down. I'm guessing this was high beams and low beams?

It seemed to be on high beams even when close to another car so wondering if I have it wrong or if it's not working properly?

Reactions: Liquidmetal101
As I was driving at night along the 401 and 416 it seemed like the little lights icon changed once in a while from blue with rays pointing forward to green with rays aiming forward but down. I'm guessing this was high beams and low beams?

It seemed to be on high beams even when close to another car so wondering if I have it wrong or if it's not working properly?
I think I have the same issue as you, I turned off auto highbeams. Im still trying to figure things out.
Any chance you've had your windows tinted?

No, I haven't done anything aftermarket to the car but will install my locking wheel nuts once I figure out how to remove the aero plastic things.
To remove the cups is very easy. Just grab with both hands and pull one section at a time. I did it in e few seconds. Also you can see it on YT.

• Informative
Reactions: Rlhm3
My high beams won't come on even on a deserted street if it is in auto. Front was wrapped, but I don't think they do the headlight cover.

Do you see a grey headlight icon with an ‘A’ in it? Just turning on the option in settings doesn’t enable them, you have to try to turn on the high beams by pushing the left stalk forward as well.

Also, it’s based on the cameras behind your rear view mirror, covering your headlights shouldn’t do anything.

Do you see a grey headlight icon with an ‘A’ in it? Just turning on the option in settings doesn’t enable them, you have to try to turn on the high beams by pushing the left stalk forward as well.

Also, it’s based on the cameras behind your rear view mirror, covering your headlights shouldn’t do anything.
I would push the lever forward and the high would come on until I released it. Dark country road no cars anywhere. I could flash high beams, but the would not stay on.

I would push the lever forward and the high would come on until I released it. Dark country road no cars anywhere. I could flash high beams, but the would not stay on.
Do you see a grey headlight icon with an ‘A’ in it in the top left of the display? If not then it's not on, and you need to pull the lever the other direction. One way does a flash of the high beams, the other direction puts them on auto.