TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 defects on delivery archive - Post your experience

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by forkee, Aug 6, 2018.

?

In what condition did you receive your model 3?

1. 1 minor exterior defect

25.9%
  2. 2 or more minor exterior defects

40.7%
  3. 1 major exterior defect

11.1%
  4. 2 or more major exterior defects

7.4%
  5. 1 minor interior defect

22.2%
  6. 2 or more minor interior defects

11.1%
  7. 1 major interior defect

3.7%
  8. 2 or more major interior defects

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 1 or more software defects/issues

14.8%
  10. Choose one - I took delivery knowing the condition

51.9%
  11. Choose one - I took delivery without knowing condition

7.4%
  12. Choose one - I refused delivery due to condition

14.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. forkee

forkee Member

Hi everyone, I hope this hasn't already been attempted, but I am trying to get a thread started listing each and every defect seen by those of us that have already taken delivery, whether accepted or refused due to defects, so as to give a better idea of the kind of issues that are prevailing with the model 3's release.

To those that have undergone the delivery process, please complete the poll and post any pictures of any defects.

Thank you

• Love x 1
  2. forkee

forkee Member

This was my one minor exterior defect. A small hairline scratch above the drivers side rear door handle, really unnoticeable unless under the bright sun at a certain angle. I let it go, as I am getting it wrapped this week anyways.

20180725_111524.jpg

3. Bimbels

Bimbels GoldMember

Threads like these just end up being fodder for the Shorts on Twitter, since they only represent deliveries with issues and not those that are issue free.

If you don't believe me, search twitter for $TSLAQ.

• Disagree x 4
    • Like x 3
  4. Marsnaut

Marsnaut Member

My car was delivered perfectly.

5. Grzesiak

Grzesiak Member

I hope you're not suggesting we don't talk about issues on cars that are to be delivered on the off chance that someone shorting Tesla stock would use it.

Threads like this can be extremely valuable for people going into deliveries so they know what to look for.

Hiding the issues does no one any good. There's no sense in "protecting" Tesla by not discussing these issues. They shouldn't be delivering cars with issues and if they do that's on them not us as the consumer.

• Like x 7
    • Disagree x 2
  6. Bimbels

Bimbels GoldMember

Absolutely not - we should talk about issues. Maybe add a choice in the poll that there were no issues and it would present a clearer picture.

• Like x 5
  7. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Member

Have you never read this forum, it is full of different stories of deliveries issues. But remember, very few people will ever look at a thread if they didn't have delivery issues.

8. SPIKE's M3AWD

SPIKE's M3AWD Member

Pease add "no defects" to the list of choices. My car had zero defects upon Delivery

• Like x 3
    • Love x 2
  9. forkee

forkee Member

Shoot! I forgot to include "no defects"! That's definitely just as important as defects are only a small, maybe less than 1% of deliveries. Is there any way to edit my OP since it's been past edit time

• Like x 2
  10. MXWing

MXWing Active Member

#10 MXWing, Aug 6, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    Sorry but the poll is ultimately worthless because there is tens of thousands of people enjoying their cars nowhere near TMC being minted each month.

Also, how qualified are people at grading defects?

There’s not even always consistency for GIa diamonds and people go to gemology school for that.

You got clowns here buying paint sensors off of amazon, crawling on their hands and knees with surefire tactical lights, armed with multi page checklists bringing out their inner paint doctor just for Tesla.

Wish it was an exaggeration but my inside sources confirm the behavior above.

• Like x 3
    • Love x 1
  11. forkee

forkee Member

Originally meant as unofficial defects detected by the amateur naked eye that would sway our decision as to either accept delivery or refuse due to not being happy with condition, not a poll as to official percentage of defective cars coming from the factories.

I will try and get mods to delete this thread as it is one sided. I definitely intended to include "no issues" option in poll but might have missed it, as the number of options was limited. Will definitely simplify options in a redo.

• Love x 1
  12. MXWing

MXWing Active Member

Also, I’m not a tinfoil hat guy but tons of losers hang out here with nothing better to do than to scrape info to twist to harm Tesla in every way possible.

You have Bolt owners FFS who are here for no reason but to troll as they hate Elon and all things Tesla. No Tesla owner is pathetic enough to tell Bolt owners how much their car sucks on their own enthusiast forums.

Some one is going to write some hit piece saying look... 90 percent of Model 3 owners or 70 or 50 or however they can twist it have major problems. See it’s right there on TMC! The land of Teslarians.. bla bla bla

No good comes from surveys like this despite what I know to be your good intentions.

Each car is its own independent variable anyway.

What’s it to me if your car is completely perfect and it farts rainbows and almost everyone else while mine is a total disappointment?

• Love x 1
  13. mos6507

mos6507 Member

Why should deliveries with issues be brushed under the rug?

• Like x 3
    • Disagree x 2
  14. CrazyCoconut

CrazyCoconut Member

I, for one, am interested in hearing about potential delivery issues folks have been having.

15. Bimbels

Bimbels GoldMember

Did I say that? If you'd read on, you'd see that I said they absolutely should be discussed. Just that the poll should have other choices.

• Like x 1
  16. Bimbels

Bimbels GoldMember

BTW, now it doesn't look like we have to worry about shorts on Twitter, anyway. hahaha

17. bhzmark

bhzmark Supporting Member

Time would be better spent doing a Dragy thread . . .

• Funny x 2
  18. 2beef1

2beef1 Member

Has anyone seen a defect like this?

Attached Files:

19. xdriv3

xdriv3 Member

I asked this in another thread, but got no traction -- when these issues are seen are delivery, how does the documentation process work?

During my delivery, we went around the car, had pictures taken. Then I left. They told me the SC would reach out for an appointment. I left with NO papers. I just signed my stuff and left, no papers, nothing.

Did I miss anything?

20. Matt L

Matt L Member

Same here. Perfect

• Like x 2