Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 defects on delivery archive - Post your experience

In what condition did you receive your model 3?

• 2 or more major interior defects

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone seen a defect like this?

Haven't seen that before. Looks damaged

I asked this in another thread, but got no traction -- when these issues are seen are delivery, how does the documentation process work?

During my delivery, we went around the car, had pictures taken. Then I left. They told me the SC would reach out for an appointment. I left with NO papers. I just signed my stuff and left, no papers, nothing.

Did I miss anything?

Nope same happened with me. Left without any copies. I was able to get mobile services to come by the following week.

I asked this in another thread, but got no traction -- when these issues are seen are delivery, how does the documentation process work?

During my delivery, we went around the car, had pictures taken. Then I left. They told me the SC would reach out for an appointment. I left with NO papers. I just signed my stuff and left, no papers, nothing.

Did I miss anything?

That's exactly what happened with me and I received a call a few days later to set up appt to do repairs.

Threads like these just end up being fodder for the Shorts on Twitter, since they only represent deliveries with issues and not those that are issue free.

If you don't believe me, search twitter for $TSLAQ.
Agreed.

Tesla is different from any other company in that regard, because there will be (and for someone following this forum and Twitter would know) that many trolls and haters would simply create multiple accounts here just to skew the numbers, with the intention of tweeting this thread and writing multiple click bait hit and run articles in CNBC, Business Insider and of course Seeking Alpha and other shorts haven outfits.

I thought the point of these forums was to get information from other buyers/owners for whatever questions you have. There are tons of threads I never look at because they don't apply to me, so why do people click on this post if they don't want to see issues other people have had at delivery? There are other threads for people who've had perfect deliveries, and nobody complains repeatedly about why they aren't discussing all the issues other people have had... this thread is for people to post pics of DEFECTS ON DELIVERY, not overall experience (there's also a thread for that!) Why does there need to be an option for perfect delivery???
Anyway, I think this is very helpful, and I also think anyone buying this car should expect to have all issues fixed, so their car is what they expected, just like the others who are having perfect deliveries. Seeing pics helps tremendously to know what is normal and what isn't, what you should look for, etc.
That being said here are pics of my issues: super dirty exterior seals, obviously had been sitting out in dust storms, both side mirrors had a loose plastic triangle piece, the rear windows were shifted forward so there was a very large gap on one side, and the roof glass was shifted so there was a large gap on right side. I live in a state where the sun can bake cookies inside a car, so extra exposed rubber seals on the exterior of a car are a huge concern for me. Other issues not pictured were staining on driver armrest, and fairly large scratch in passenger footwell- carpet and console.
My car had a connector failure day 2, so it's been at service center since last week, where they are supposed to address these other issues as well. I'll post after pics when I get it back.

Attachments

• Side Mirror Triangle Loose.JPG
    Side Mirror Triangle Loose.JPG
    270.4 KB · Views: 93
  • Huge Space.JPG
    Huge Space.JPG
    339.9 KB · Views: 69
  • Normal Space.JPG
    Normal Space.JPG
    362.9 KB · Views: 63
  • Roof Glass Left.JPG
    Roof Glass Left.JPG