Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 delivered last night, but can't "accept delivery" in app?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all, I got my M3P delivered late last night by a 3rd party delivery service from the delivery center in Kansas City to Arkansas. The car is pretty much perfect, however I'm unable to use the app, because it still looks the same as it did when i first got a VIN# assigned a few weeks ago. When I log into the website, it just says "prepare for delivery" still. I dont know if i'm supposed to accept delivery somewhere to make the app function? I have it connected to the car via bluetooth, but when I got to set up my phone as a key, it just tells me to open the app, and when I open the app, there's nothing to click on except for the tutorial videos. Also, there is a maintenance schedule appointment for 9/18 that i'm obviously not going to drive to Kansas City for, nor know what it is, but i'm unable to clear it. It also appears that because i haven't "activated ownership" or whatever you want to call it, it's telling me I don't have premium connectivity, and to sign up for it through the app to be able to use spotify, etc. Problem is, there's no where in the app to sign up for premium connectivity, because it still thinks i'm waiting on delivery I guess? I've sent an e-mail to the Kansas City location, but it's been pretty slow getting a response from them. Any ideas anyone? Thanks!

Hey all, I got my M3P delivered late last night by a 3rd party delivery service from the delivery center in Kansas City to Arkansas. The car is pretty much perfect, however I'm unable to use the app, because it still looks the same as it did when i first got a VIN# assigned a few weeks ago. When I log into the website, it just says "prepare for delivery" still. I dont know if i'm supposed to accept delivery somewhere to make the app function? I have it connected to the car via bluetooth, but when I got to set up my phone as a key, it just tells me to open the app, and when I open the app, there's nothing to click on except for the tutorial videos. Also, there is a maintenance schedule appointment for 9/18 that i'm obviously not going to drive to Kansas City for, nor know what it is, but i'm unable to clear it. It also appears that because i haven't "activated ownership" or whatever you want to call it, it's telling me I don't have premium connectivity, and to sign up for it through the app to be able to use spotify, etc. Problem is, there's no where in the app to sign up for premium connectivity, because it still thinks i'm waiting on delivery I guess? I've sent an e-mail to the Kansas City location, but it's been pretty slow getting a response from them. Any ideas anyone? Thanks!
Sadly I have not gotten to do my delivery yet (in an hour or so), but from how I understand it you are supposed to accept delivery in your account on tesla's website. Only after you accept delivery there does the app have your car controls. Also, I was told you need to log out of your app to force the refresh to happen.

I hope this helps you!

Sadly I have not gotten to do my delivery yet (in an hour or so), but from how I understand it you are supposed to accept delivery in your account on tesla's website. Only after you accept delivery there does the app have your car controls. Also, I was told you need to log out of your app to force the refresh to happen.

I hope this helps you!
See thats what I figured, but there's literally nowhere to accept delivery in my account on the website...maybe the delivery center needs to do something on their side? It just still says "Prepare for Delivery" still, even after logging out and back in. I suppose I'll just wait for the service center to e-mail me back!

You can ignore the maintenance appointment message, it will disappear within a week or so. I don't think you can accept delivery via the app. You'll have to use the card keys to start out. In a few hours the car should be added to your account.

See thats what I figured, but there's literally nowhere to accept delivery in my account on the website...maybe the delivery center needs to do something on their side? It just still says "Prepare for Delivery" still, even after logging out and back in. I suppose I'll just wait for the service center to e-mail me back!
From what I read elsewhere the delivery driver is supposed to contact tesla to mark as delivered so you can accept delivery on your account. Call your delivery center and explain. They should ping your car, see it is delivered, and mark as such

Okay now that I have experienced it with my delivery today, I had the same issue. So this is what resolved it. The person who brought the car to me, texted his store lead with pictures saying the car was delivered. About 10-15 minutes later, the email came that I had the option to accept delivery in my tesla account. So there is definitely something the store lead has to do on their end. It is a button like all of the other ones before hand in the account page. After I accepted and got the car in my app, my account page remained unchanged until I checked this evening. Now it shows my VIN only instead of my RN and has car controls now instead of the full agreements and delivery appointment and such. So I hope that helps. I guess the accept delivery part is through the store/delivery center side, and the rest might just be automatic after some time.

Okay now that I have experienced it with my delivery today, I had the same issue. So this is what resolved it. The person who brought the car to me, texted his store lead with pictures saying the car was delivered. About 10-15 minutes later, the email came that I had the option to accept delivery in my tesla account. So there is definitely something the store lead has to do on their end. It is a button like all of the other ones before hand in the account page. After I accepted and got the car in my app, my account page remained unchanged until I checked this evening. Now it shows my VIN only instead of my RN and has car controls now instead of the full agreements and delivery appointment and such. So I hope that helps. I guess the accept delivery part is through the store/delivery center side, and the rest might just be automatic after some time.
I had to call the Kansas City location and they couldn't believe I was already driving the car, which is kind of funny, as they showed it hadn't even left their facility yet. While i was on hold, I got 3 e-mails with all my info and the text to accept the vehicle, and now everything is working great!

Reactions: Sandmaster
Same issue, was pushed to receive my Tesla, got into it with my phone and started it. Now I can't accept docs or delivery and can't add drivers. Seems like they were way to eager to rev rec so they pushed this one out early. My ins company can't even verify the VIN number. Have a call into service, but its a 30 min wait.. ugh