Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Delivered Yesterday - Amazing experience!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my new (to me ;)) Model 3 delivered to my local delivery center in Marina Del Rey California.

Overall, amazing and simple experience! It was very different from when I had my first Tesla (Model S) delivered a few years back.

Process - Simple, straightforward, easy communication. Logged on to my Tesla account and finished all the required documentation the night before. When I got to the service center, I parked my trade-in ( a workhorse / track star Mazda MX-5 that will be missed). Handed the keys to the service rep. He activated the car in my Tesla app and was asked to proceed to the car.

Once within range of the vehicle, opened the app, swiped to find the Model 3 there and unlocked. In the front passenger seat are all the required documents. I reviewed them, gave the car a thorough inspection (including that all the software like FSD and premium connectivity are activated) and proceeded on signing the documents.

After that, it was as simple as placing all the documents in a folder and putting them in a dropbox.

Good to go!

Very hassle free experience!

The pandemic has streamlined the delivery process.

When I first got my S, it was inside a showroom for me to view / inspect, there was a framed "Welcome to the Tesla Family" with my name and my wife's name on it that we were given as a token, and was given the entire red carpet treatment.

I can see the appeal of both, and the necessity of the new process.
20210129_170244_HDR.jpg

Long story short - Delivery was a success and continues to be one of the better parts of owning / buying a Tesla!

Congrats! enjoy the new ride! BTW what are the starting digits of your VIN? Some one here received M3 with heated steering wheel and VIN starting 902.... My delivery is schedule for mid-March and VIN is 888...