Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 deliveries this month

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've posted this over on facebook but thought I'd put it here too.

Tesla are attempting to deliver 1500 model 3's this month, given Auckland has been in L4 lockdown for most of the month and remains in L3, they are also distributing cars from Wellington, Christchurch and via C&H to various places like Hamilton.

To give you some idea of the scale, they have delivered 1100 cars all year up to this point.

Audi delivered 1498 new cars in the whole of last year - through 10 dealerships, an average of less than 3 per week per dealer.

Tesla are also under staffed, the rise in orders and feebate system caught them out and they are advertising at least 15 different positions.

Hopefully they get those roles filled and we get our car deliveries smoothed out some rather than this end of month rush,

Not excusing poor pdi, dirt or paint (the NZTOC is taking this up with Tesla NZ) for those that have but when dealing with their local staff please have some patience they are somewhat busy!

• Informative
Reactions: Audietron
I've posted this over on facebook but thought I'd put it here too.

Tesla are attempting to deliver 1500 model 3's this month, given Auckland has been in L4 lockdown for most of the month and remains in L3, they are also distributing cars from Wellington, Christchurch and via C&H to various places like Hamilton.

To give you some idea of the scale, they have delivered 1100 cars all year up to this point.

Audi delivered 1498 new cars in the whole of last year - through 10 dealerships, an average of less than 3 per week per dealer.

Tesla are also under staffed, the rise in orders and feebate system caught them out and they are advertising at least 15 different positions.

Hopefully they get those roles filled and we get our car deliveries smoothed out some rather than this end of month rush,

Not excusing poor pdi, dirt or paint (the NZTOC is taking this up with Tesla NZ) for those that have but when dealing with their local staff please have some patience they are somewhat busy!
Totally understand...
We are all humans, so Tesla staff are always respected and loved. I hope they sort out staffing issue, they are big company - not some takeaway joint with waiter shortage.

As a company, every company should know that little gesture here and there or attention to details goes a long way.

Not complaining, but once in level 4, would any of us drink up a bad coffee and smile? or throw away coffee and get another one at next shop? coffee shops know that and they make sure that despite lockdown and all added stress of overwhelming number of coffee after 5 weeks making none - quality is what customer is there for...

Coffee costs $3-30 depending on where you drink....
Cars at Tesla costs $65000-200000 depending on what you are buying...

Experience with coffee can be corrected next day while buying another one... or later on same day when rush hour is over and customer provided best coffee ever....
Experience with car is hard to correct.... as one wouldn't buy another one tomorrow or next month... specially after one waited few weeks to months to receive a car...

I hope they learn that customer service matters, customer experience matters even more.... no matter how invisible or least important it is ;)

PS: I purchased new and certified used many Audi from Audi dealers.... The quality of car and customer service is top level. obviously they don't have technology advantage as Tesla does - and that's the reason I purchased Tesla and booked Cyber Truck and Model X in advance before even receiving model 3.

Reactions: Miggy
550 deliveries in 4 days so far, they are working 14 hour days and doing their best
According to the guy at delivery centre I met yesterday morning... another 1200 scheduled to be delivered in October.

reality is, not only tesla, but all EV dealers are delivering exceptionally high number of cars... other maybe more, as not everyone in NZ was waiting to buy a 60000+ car, but most in NZ were keen to buy anything upto 60000...

Hopefully Tesla hire more people, make existing people extra happy (two people left/changed during my waiting duration)... and make it memorable experience for everyone in October. because in October they can't make any excuse for lockdown (subject to everyone at Auckland behaving - no one was behaving outside Tesla delivery centre in all excitement).

1200 in a month is still pretty chunky, it takes time to find and train staff.

Other companies are selling more since the rebate but its more in small numbers because they just dont have the cars at hand to supply, MG is second to tesla for new car sales at the moment, at about 500, but wont get more cars in until late October/November and it wont be thousands it'll be hundreds.

Hyundai is next, should be some kona and ioniq around not sure we'll see any ioniq 5's this year?

Reactions: Audietron
1200 in a month is still pretty chunky, it takes time to find and train staff.

Other companies are selling more since the rebate but its more in small numbers because they just dont have the cars at hand to supply, MG is second to tesla for new car sales at the moment, at about 500, but wont get more cars in until late October/November and it wont be thousands it'll be hundreds.

Hyundai is next, should be some kona and ioniq around not sure we'll see any ioniq 5's this year?
where are you checking car numbers for specific manufacturer?