Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today is a bittersweet day for me since I took delivery my Model 3 but this will also be my last post on TMC for reasons explained later.

First, trip down memory lane:

Late March 2016
I got in a line at 4am, with a bunch of crazy tesla fanboys like myself!

crazyfanboys.jpg

So I was moderately high up the queue.

Sept 2016
I got impatient, so I ordered a Model X.

20160919_110101.jpg

So I was bumped up higher up the queue.

Mid-Late 2017
I got impatient again, so I quit my job and joined Tesla.

IMG_1682.JPG

(I don't really have a good picture for this event so here's my corporate jacket)

So I was further bumped up the queue.

Today 2017
I got my Model 3

20171215_174833.jpg

Looks better in my garage than the leaf! (No hate for the leaf, loved that car for 3 years.)

20171215_232402.jpg

A family shot!!

Conclusion

I may have skipped a few details in the timeline but they probably are not important.

So I initially wasn't sure if my delivery today was due to my employment or due to my current owner/line-waiter status, since I ordered my car along with the first batch of non-employee current owners. Regardless, since I am an employee now, I do not ever want to put myself in a situation where I am misconstrued as speaking for Tesla, and so I am going to immediately cease posting on TMC to avoid the slippery-slope. Tesla has been a DREAM JOB for me for a while and I couldn't be happier in my new role.

I did want to do this one last post because TMC is a great community and I've thoroughly enjoyed reading and contributing to the its fans around the world, and wanted to close the loop on this journey to my Model 3 with this last post.

Finally: Model 3 is so fun to drive, I can hardly believe how quick and nimble it is, even with my short time with it. No, there is no HUD. Model X will always be the tank, the family hauler and roadtrip car for me. I love both cars, I love the company, and I will miss TMC, but always know that I'll be working my ass off to continue the mission.

First off, congrats on the car and the job, I have been trying to get a job there for almost 2 years and haven't even managed to get a call back from HR.

Based on the run around that myself and the others that have been invited to configure almost 4 weeks ago are getting I am going to sleep tonight by saying you got your car because your an employee. :)

First off, congrats on the car and the job, I have been trying to get a job there for almost 2 years and haven't even managed to get a call back from HR.

Based on the run around that myself and the others that have been invited to configure almost 4 weeks ago are getting I am going to sleep tonight by saying you got your car because your an employee. :)

I am always considering movimg to the Bay Area and work at Tesla...but maybe I will do so some day. Not sure how hard it is to get a job...though I don’t really care what they pay me

• Love
Reactions: jstack6 and Owner
Thanks for the post.

So, the takeaway is that all this time we shoulda just been sitting in the employment line at 4 AM.

Enjoy (kinda suspect you will post again as there will be experiences you may encounter and answers for that will be here from other owners)

Congrats, @nikeykid ! Really happy for you.

We need to chalk this down to a "pseudo-employee" delivery, I guess.

Over the past 8+ years of Tesla fandom, I've felt the itch and had a couple of conversations with Tesla as well but, developed cold feet along the way. Will continue buying their products and cheering from the sidelines instead!

Reactions: linkster
Nicely done nikeykid!

Anyone else have details to share about their Model 3 deliveries? Any surprises being suppressed behind a NDA?

It just occurred to me that everyone has been eerily quiet about the rash of deliveries that happened last week.

Just make a new TMC account and anonymously spill the beans already!

Nicely done nikeykid!

Anyone else have details to share about their Model 3 deliveries? Any surprises being suppressed behind a NDA?

It just occurred to me that everyone has been eerily quiet about the rash of deliveries that happened last week.

Just make a new TMC account and anonymously spill the beans already!
It's quiet because we are all in the dark on when we will actually get to take delivery :)

Today is a bittersweet day for me since I took delivery my Model 3 but this will also be my last post on TMC for reasons explained later.

First, trip down memory lane:

Late March 2016
I got in a line at 4am, with a bunch of crazy tesla fanboys like myself!

View attachment 266901

So I was moderately high up the queue.

Sept 2016
I got impatient, so I ordered a Model X.

View attachment 266902

So I was bumped up higher up the queue.

Mid-Late 2017
I got impatient again, so I quit my job and joined Tesla.

View attachment 266910
(I don't really have a good picture for this event so here's my corporate jacket)

So I was further bumped up the queue.

Today 2017
I got my Model 3

View attachment 266908

Looks better in my garage than the leaf! (No hate for the leaf, loved that car for 3 years.)

View attachment 266909
A family shot!!

Conclusion

I may have skipped a few details in the timeline but they probably are not important.

So I initially wasn't sure if my delivery today was due to my employment or due to my current owner/line-waiter status, since I ordered my car along with the first batch of non-employee current owners. Regardless, since I am an employee now, I do not ever want to put myself in a situation where I am misconstrued as speaking for Tesla, and so I am going to immediately cease posting on TMC to avoid the slippery-slope. Tesla has been a DREAM JOB for me for a while and I couldn't be happier in my new role.

I did want to do this one last post because TMC is a great community and I've thoroughly enjoyed reading and contributing to the its fans around the world, and wanted to close the loop on this journey to my Model 3 with this last post.

Finally: Model 3 is so fun to drive, I can hardly believe how quick and nimble it is, even with my short time with it. No, there is no HUD. Model X will always be the tank, the family hauler and roadtrip car for me. I love both cars, I love the company, and I will miss TMC, but always know that I'll be working my ass off to continue the mission.

Awesome story, I can totally relate!!!!!

VIN assigned 12xx 12/21, Delivery scheduled for 12/28. Reserved 3/31 in store (line waiter) approx 11 am, Ordered 12/7

Your Model 3 build details
Full Self-Driving Capability
Enhanced Autopilot
Long Range Battery
Black Interior
Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
Premium Upgrades
18’’ Aero Wheels

VIN assigned 12xx 12/21, Delivery scheduled for 12/28. Reserved 3/31 in store (line waiter) approx 11 am, Ordered 12/7

Enhanced Autopilot
Long Range Battery
Black Interior
Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
Premium Upgrades
18’’ Aero Wheels
my delivery marina del rey 515
maybe I'll see you there? Mine same color 19" wheels

Regardless, since I am an employee now, I do not ever want to put myself in a situation where I am misconstrued as speaking for Tesla, and so I am going to immediately cease posting on TMC to avoid the slippery-slope. Tesla has been a DREAM JOB for me for a while

I don't smell an NDA. OP feels - rightly so - that it would be inappropriate to put any comment here as an employee.

Even without an NDA of you work for a company you should refrain from saying my anything in a public forum. Basic work ethics.

Did you discover any details about the pre-purchase of self-drive....like is there a date by which if it's not released you can get your money back? Or can you just get it back at any time before release? (I did not select it.....figured it would be worth an extra $1K if/when you can actually get it)

Reactions: Matt125