Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Delivery and Break in (Same Day)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, i joined both clubs on the same day, Tesla Owner and Tesla owners whose rear quarter window in broken all happened less than 24 hours of delivery. I am from Socal CA . Anyone with similar experience in this area, please provide any information that would be useful to fix it faster.The next available appointment in Costa mesa service center is June 4th . Also does tesla service centers repair this damage? , How much does it cost?, depending on the cost thinking whether to file a claim or fix it with my own cost.

Attachments

• Break in 1.jpg
    Break in 1.jpg
    376.3 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_0455.jpg
    IMG_0455.jpg
    407.2 KB · Views: 123
Reactions: Leafdriver333
Feel for you. I do know that it would fall under your comprehensive insurance (vandalism) and likely be covered under it. Not sure about deductibles applying.

When I clicked on your thread title was expecting this to be another SF bay area break in. Guess southern Calif is getting just as bad. Assume they flipped the seat? Did you have anything taken? Might want to make it a policy if you can to leave your seats down so an empty trunk is visible to them. It kills me to drive like that but since we had our MS broken into same way in 2017 I've been doing it since getting my Model 3. Know the hassle of getting it fixed and really bad if it's raining during that time. Sentry Mode is a deterent but even with it on no guaranty they will see it flashing on the screen and won't break in first and then set it off.

Any chance you had Sentry Mode turned on even if you didn't have a flash drive yet?

It's starting to look like one of those internet challenges where you go around and see how many Tesla windows you can break in a day.

Otherwise I'm not sure why people keep breaking them. There's nothing in our trunks. How much of a payday can you get from breaking into a Tesla?

Reactions: Leafdriver333
Feel for you. I do know that it would fall under your comprehensive insurance (vandalism) and likely be covered under it. Not sure about deductibles applying.

When I clicked on your thread title was expecting this to be another SF bay area break in. Guess southern Calif is getting just as bad. Assume they flipped the seat? Did you have anything taken? Might want to make it a policy if you can to leave your seats down so an empty trunk is visible to them. It kills me to drive like that but since we had our MS broken into same way in 2017 I've been doing it since getting my Model 3. Know the hassle of getting it fixed and really bad if it's raining during that time. Sentry Mode is a deterent but even with it on no guaranty they will see it flashing on the screen and won't break in first and then set it off.

Any chance you had Sentry Mode turned on even if you didn't have a flash drive yet?

Yes, they flipped the seats, nothing was there to be taken, actually i didn't even get a chance to open the trunk yet. Delivery and break in happened in less than 24 hours. I guess i will be driving my car with seats folded down from now on.. I did not turn on the sentry mode.

Sorry to see this happened to you OP. Pain will lessen over time but the the enjoyment of the car will last a hell a lot longer.

Did you get an alarm notification on your phone App when it happened?

Tesla really needs to build a cloud based Ring/Nest style security footage service on top of Sentry Mode. It'd be a significant revenue generator with minimal CapEx on the R&D side.

Sorry to see this happened to you OP. Pain will lessen over time but the the enjoyment of the car will last a hell a lot longer.

Did you get an alarm notification on your phone App when it happened?

Tesla really needs to build a cloud based Ring/Nest style security footage service on top of Sentry Mode. It'd be a significant revenue generator with minimal CapEx on the R&D side.

I did not get any notification, probably since sentry was in OFF state. I got to know that tesla introduced advanced theft protection for Model S & X , i hope they one day introduce to Model 3 as well.

Model S Enhanced Anti-theft

Well, i joined both clubs on the same day, Tesla Owner and Tesla owners whose rear quarter window in broken all happened less than 24 hours of delivery. I am from Socal CA . Anyone with similar experience in this area, please provide any information that would be useful to fix it faster.The next available appointment in Costa mesa service center is June 4th . Also does tesla service centers repair this damage? , How much does it cost?, depending on the cost thinking whether to file a claim or fix it with my own cost.

I am so very sorry.

That is very brazen and in broad daylight at a high traffic area.

I don’t think Tesla fixes these anymore but you will want to contact your insurance and see what your policy is.

You can have a low deductible for glass coverage setup.

For defensive measures I would suggest you install a blackvue. It’s not free like sentry but it’s visible. Thief would have seen it and I believe it’s a good deterrent.

wow that sucks. I made it a habit of turning on sentry mode whenever I am parked outside of my garage. Is that the Marketplace by any chance?

Really sorry to hear this. I can't imagine how frustrating that must be. Not that it will likely make any difference, but I purchased and installed one of the "Sentry Mode Activated - Cameras Recording Activity" stickers that mounts on the inside of small window that hopefully will deter someone from doing this. I installed it on the passenger side which I heard was the most likely side to be broken into - I see yours was the driver's side. Maybe I'll invest in another one...

Reactions: mswlogo
Really sorry to hear this. I can't imagine how frustrating that must be. Not that it will likely make any difference, but I purchased and installed one of the "Sentry Mode Activated - Cameras Recording Activity" stickers that mounts on the inside of small window that hopefully will deter someone from doing this. I installed it on the passenger side which I heard was the most likely side to be broken into - I see yours was the driver's side. Maybe I'll invest in another one...

How about a sticker that says there is nothing in the trunk ;)