Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Delivery and Break in (Same Day)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's what the sticker looks like...
IMG_0448.jpg

Well, i joined both clubs on the same day, Tesla Owner and Tesla owners whose rear quarter window in broken all happened less than 24 hours of delivery. I am from Socal CA . Anyone with similar experience in this area, please provide any information that would be useful to fix it faster.The next available appointment in Costa mesa service center is June 4th . Also does tesla service centers repair this damage? , How much does it cost?, depending on the cost thinking whether to file a claim or fix it with my own cost.

Update ...

Visitied Costa mesa service center, they were able to take in my car (no appointment) , Gave a quote for $360 and may be able to get it fixed by Thursday,also got a Loaner Model S..

Attachments

• Quote.PNG
    Quote.PNG
    73.1 KB · Views: 51
Really sorry to hear this. I can't imagine how frustrating that must be. Not that it will likely make any difference, but I purchased and installed one of the "Sentry Mode Activated - Cameras Recording Activity" stickers that mounts on the inside of small window that hopefully will deter someone from doing this. I installed it on the passenger side which I heard was the most likely side to be broken into - I see yours was the driver's side. Maybe I'll invest in another one...

Most of the break in reports I've seen have been on the driver's side (ours was too). Honestly it just depends which side of the car they feel they can be more hidden from view while breaking in the glass. On the Model 3 the driver's side has the wider fold down seat so would offer more of a view into the trunk. Same on the Model S. But I still feel the decision of which side is more of a matter of cover for them.

Last edited:
Oh man, I thought 11 days after ownership was quick! I've used a visual indicator like this since my rear window was broken back in August: https://youtu.be/kogvx43coqY, been parking in the same area every week since and haven't had any problems. Probably helps that my rear seat is also always down now but I think this deterrent helps for sure. Works nicely, bright and very noticeable through my newly tinted (20%) rear windows as well, stay vigilant!

Oh man, I thought 11 days after ownership was quick! I've used a visual indicator like this since my rear window was broken back in August: https://youtu.be/kogvx43coqY, been parking in the same area every week since and haven't had any problems. Probably helps that my rear seat is also always down now but I think this deterrent helps for sure. Works well and bright through my newly tinted windows as well, stay vigilant!

A number of weeks ago we were at the SJ Cherry SC location and saw a car parked a few stalls over with a flashing light like that in its rear triangular window. I even commented to my husband at the time. Thought of taking a photo but didn't want to be on "camera" LOL.

Reactions: laudbrian
A number of weeks ago we were at the SJ Cherry SC location and saw a car parked a few stalls over with a flashing light like that in its rear triangular window. I even commented to my husband at the time. Thought of taking a photo but didn't want to be on "camera" LOL.

That's funny! LOL, yeah when Sentry first came out, some company execs came out to the Southbay/CA from Texas for some meetings and over our team dinner they confessed to me after seeing the recording happening on the screen, examining my Model 3. I pulled up the footage later and it was hilariously seeing them act like excited children instead all buttoned up serious types. I guess they didn't have many in their part of Texas at the time and was def. a great icebreaker. :D

• Funny
Reactions: SMAlset