Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Delivery Appointment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally received a text/email from Tesla a couple of days back confirming a delivery for 6 Sep (West Drayton) with a pickup time that doesn't really suit me.

The text says I can reply NO and they will provide an alternative delivery date.

Will they just provide another random collection date/time?

As much as I'm excited by the prospect of owning a shiny new M3 the world does not revolve around Tesla. Is there any way of being able to speak to an actual human being and agreeing a mutually convenient pick-up time?

FYI, I replied back to the delivery email ([email protected]) requesting a later pickup time and got back this automatic reply which may be useful to some of you:

-----------------------------------
Thank you for your email and we do apologise for the lack of contact from a Tesla rep. We have had a high volume of calls and emails owing to the Model 3's arrival.

With all correspondence, please use your RN number.

Delivery date:
An automated email/text with your delivery date will be sent to you 24/48 hours before delivery. You will receive a delivery-week window, this is an estimation. Your Model 3 may arrive earlier or later depending on site availability.

Not available for allocated delivery date:
If your are not available to take delivery in due time, please respond to your automated message stating this. A delivery adviser will contact you, to reschedule your appointment at a later date.

Ship/Vessel allocation:
Tesla will not inform clients on which ship your model 3 is travelling.

Registration information:
Your registration will be provided to you 24/48 hours before delivery.

Leasing Customers:
If you are leasing your vehicle, unfortunately we will not be able provide you further information regarding your order. Please contact your lease provider who will be able to update you on the status of your order.

Insurance:
InsureMyTesla partner DirectLine (DLG), customers can get a quote already without any reg/VIN, input all required information without reg/VIN and save the quote for up to 30 days. One day before delivery the customer can then easily retrieve that quote on the DLG portal, just add in the reg/VIN and select the right delivery date to finish the insurance process without the need to enter any personal data again.

https://www.directline.com/tesla?cmpid=000/car/par/tesla

Other insurance companies: As you will only receive your registration information a 24/48 hours before delivery and insurance companies need the Reg detail, we recommenced calling the Insurance provider and locking in a price. Once you receive the reg details, call in to allocate your Model 3 to the insurance.

VIN:

VIN matched Model 3's can expect to take delivery from the 20th of August onward. VINs may change owing to vehicle availability. If you have not been VIN matched, not to worry, we are VIN matching vehicle everyday and will be allocating you a VIN when we have your match.

Payment details:
Payment can only be received via bank transfer. Details below.
<TESLA BANK DETAILS PROVIDED HERE - BUT I'VE DELETED>

Invoice:
When your VIN is matched, Tesla will send your invoice to your MyTesla account. If you have a invoice issue, please email [email protected].

When to Pay:
Once the invoice is received and/or you have spoken to a Delivery adviser to confirm the amount payable. Payment should be sent at least 24 hours before delivery. A delivery adviser will be in touch, in the event the funds have not been paid.

Modify order:
Send an email to [email protected] with the exact specification you would like to change have your model 3.

Cancellation:
Sorry to hear that you are considering a cancellation. To action a cancellation please send an email to [email protected] from the email address on your MyTesla account and provide the information below. Please allow up to 15 working days for the refund to be processed.

RN Number:
Account holder name:
Account number:
Sort Code:
IBAN Code:
BIC Code:

Energy Savings Trust:
If you are funding with EST, please ensure you send your invoice to them directly to secure your funding. All invoices should be emailed to them at [email protected] quoting your application number. Please be advised that Tesla has no access to your loan information due to confidentiality, if you have any questions surrounding your loan, please contact EST directly.

For other FOQ please visit the links below.
Tesla Delivery: https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/support/tagged/deliver
New Owner: New Owner Frequently Asked Questions

Kind Regards,
Delivery GB

Finally received a text/email from Tesla a couple of days back confirming a delivery for 6 Sep (West Drayton) with a pickup time that doesn't really suit me.

The text says I can reply NO and they will provide an alternative delivery date.

Will they just provide another random collection date/time?

As much as I'm excited by the prospect of owning a shiny new M3 the world does not revolve around Tesla. Is there any way of being able to speak to an actual human being and agreeing a mutually convenient pick-up time?

FYI, I replied back to the delivery email ([email protected]) requesting a later pickup time and got back this automatic reply which may be useful to some of you:

-----------------------------------
Thank you for your email and we do apologise for the lack of contact from a Tesla rep. We have had a high volume of calls and emails owing to the Model 3's arrival.

With all correspondence, please use your RN number.

Delivery date:
An automated email/text with your delivery date will be sent to you 24/48 hours before delivery. You will receive a delivery-week window, this is an estimation. Your Model 3 may arrive earlier or later depending on site availability.

Not available for allocated delivery date:
If your are not available to take delivery in due time, please respond to your automated message stating this. A delivery adviser will contact you, to reschedule your appointment at a later date.

Ship/Vessel allocation:
Tesla will not inform clients on which ship your model 3 is travelling.

Registration information:
Your registration will be provided to you 24/48 hours before delivery.

Leasing Customers:
If you are leasing your vehicle, unfortunately we will not be able provide you further information regarding your order. Please contact your lease provider who will be able to update you on the status of your order.

Insurance:
InsureMyTesla partner DirectLine (DLG), customers can get a quote already without any reg/VIN, input all required information without reg/VIN and save the quote for up to 30 days. One day before delivery the customer can then easily retrieve that quote on the DLG portal, just add in the reg/VIN and select the right delivery date to finish the insurance process without the need to enter any personal data again.

https://www.directline.com/tesla?cmpid=000/car/par/tesla

Other insurance companies: As you will only receive your registration information a 24/48 hours before delivery and insurance companies need the Reg detail, we recommenced calling the Insurance provider and locking in a price. Once you receive the reg details, call in to allocate your Model 3 to the insurance.

VIN:

VIN matched Model 3's can expect to take delivery from the 20th of August onward. VINs may change owing to vehicle availability. If you have not been VIN matched, not to worry, we are VIN matching vehicle everyday and will be allocating you a VIN when we have your match.

Payment details:
Payment can only be received via bank transfer. Details below.
<TESLA BANK DETAILS PROVIDED HERE - BUT I'VE DELETED>

Invoice:
When your VIN is matched, Tesla will send your invoice to your MyTesla account. If you have a invoice issue, please email [email protected].

When to Pay:
Once the invoice is received and/or you have spoken to a Delivery adviser to confirm the amount payable. Payment should be sent at least 24 hours before delivery. A delivery adviser will be in touch, in the event the funds have not been paid.

Modify order:
Send an email to [email protected] with the exact specification you would like to change have your model 3.

Cancellation:
Sorry to hear that you are considering a cancellation. To action a cancellation please send an email to [email protected] from the email address on your MyTesla account and provide the information below. Please allow up to 15 working days for the refund to be processed.

RN Number:
Account holder name:
Account number:
Sort Code:
IBAN Code:
BIC Code:

Energy Savings Trust:
If you are funding with EST, please ensure you send your invoice to them directly to secure your funding. All invoices should be emailed to them at [email protected] quoting your application number. Please be advised that Tesla has no access to your loan information due to confidentiality, if you have any questions surrounding your loan, please contact EST directly.

For other FOQ please visit the links below.
Tesla Delivery: https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/support/tagged/deliver
New Owner: New Owner Frequently Asked Questions

Kind Regards,
Delivery GB
From my experience with this a few weeks ago, they will reallocate your car to another thus moving your delivery day. I was due to pick up 7th Aug, but couldn't make that so they re allocated me a new VIN and now picking up 24th Aug. They didn't give me a choice over the new date.

From my experience with this a few weeks ago, they will reallocate your car to another thus moving your delivery day. I was due to pick up 7th Aug, but couldn't make that so they re allocated me a new VIN and now picking up 24th Aug. They didn't give me a choice over the new date.
Hmm I hope that isn't the case! I replied to the text and email, heard nothing, phoned this morning and gave them a date that I wanted and was told "that shouldn't be a problem" but my account still has the old date on it.

Hi, what phone number did you call? I was scheduled to pick up my M3 on Wednesday but I never received an updated invoice with the correct details, and so couldn't pay for it or insure it. When I go on the app my car is there but I have emailed, texted and phoned and can't get anyone to respond. Any advice?