Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Delivery Checklist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is a screengrab from the video
Screen Shot 02-12-18 at 07.57 AM.PNG

I created a Model 3-specific one here (borrowing content from the above video as well):

Tesla Model 3 Delivery Inspection Checklist

I also included a handful of other real-world issues encountered by people on TMC and reddit.

Based upon a few recent threads/comments, you might want to add removal of default screen protector and confirming that the cooling system has been flushed/bled.

Reactions: rsbell
Based upon a few recent threads/comments, you might want to add removal of default screen protector and confirming that the cooling system has been flushed/bled.

How would you even check/confirm the coolant though? Assuming it isn't warning you about it on the screen right there, I think the only way you'd know is if the warning message ever appeared or didn't appear after driving it for awhile. You could ask the Tesla delivery people, but they probably don't have any first-hand knowledge and would just presume it was flushed and filled properly. So I don't think there's anything you can really do about this at delivery unfortunately.

How would you even check/confirm the coolant though? Assuming it isn't warning you about it on the screen right there, I think the only way you'd know is if the warning message ever appeared or didn't appear after driving it for awhile. You could ask the Tesla delivery people, but they probably don't have any first-hand knowledge and would just presume it was flushed and filled properly. So I don't think there's anything you can really do about this at delivery unfortunately.

From my perspective it never hurts to ask, so it's at least documented when you walk out of the SC. If enough people are asking about it, perhaps Tesla will make it part of their internal delivery prep.

What happens if the odometer is > 50 miles. Only asking because my paper work right now says it has exactly 50 miles on it.

Depending on how much higher it is than 50, your state may have regulations that disqualify it as being a "new" vehicle (or at least require additional paperwork disclosing it). But I think that number is normally much higher than 50 (e.g., something in the neighborhood of 750).

But really it's just that the Tesla purchase agreement has 50 miles on it as a ceiling they don't expect the vehicles to exceed. Your real vehicle will most likely have something below that. If it's greater than 50 miles on the odometer, the purchase agreement should be amended and you may consider this a point of negotiation (you may have no leverage on price, but could maybe refuse the vehicle).

Has anyone tried this?
What is the significance of this check? Is it realistic to expect that this was done, and is it a big deal if it was not?

Overall, has anyone used this checklist? Are there any other on this site, or is this it?

Has anyone tried this? What is the significance of this check? Is it realistic to expect that this was done, and is it a big deal if it was not?

Overall, has anyone used this checklist? Are there any other on this site, or is this it?

I only suggested adding the coolant question to the delivery checklist because of this thread:

"I asked why it was low on coolant and basically they said they fill them up in CA before being shipped, it's warmer there so when it got here, the coolant may have contracted just a tad. I'm hoping that's really all that is an issue with the cooling system."

I don't have my M3 yet, so I haven't had the opportunity to use the checklist. And given that I will have to take delivery at my house as there are no SCs in NH, I don't know how the process will go.

I created a Model 3-specific one here (borrowing content from the above video as well):

I also included a handful of other real-world issues encountered by people on TMC and reddit.
Thank you for this. I used it and found it very helpful. There were a couple of things on the "Tier 2" sub-list that I would not have caught myself, but did with the help of the checklist and had them corrected at the delivery center before I drove off.

Reactions: mrecount

Thank for this Checklist! Very helpful for when I have my delivery in Sept '18. Do you know if you can generate a link that I can add this to my personal Google Drive? Currently the link is a view-only.