TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 delivery estimator

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Wiki, Sep 25, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. jkirkwood001

jkirkwood001 Member

You think Tesla takes that into account? Even my SR estimate is "early 2019". Again, that doesn't add up unless 80% of reservists are waiting for SR RWD, and I don't think that's right.

Still confused.

2. Krash

Krash Data Technician

There is nearly universal agreement that Tesla prioritizes high margin car configurations. But not the same agreement that they should. Personally I think Tesla does a good job balancing the early deposit interests with profitability.

First SR models will be almost certainly be highly optioned, high margin cars.

3. Dr. J

Dr. J Member

There are plenty of other configurations not yet available for which people have deferred, made up of various combinations of LR, RWD/AWD, white interior, non-PUP, etc. Most of which we don't have price information for. And we don't precisely know the US tax credit phase-out schedule. So it's a waiting/guessing game.

4. KristenB

KristenB New Member

So- stood in line at a California dealership on 3/31/16, placed my order about noon, and am still waiting for an invitation to configure. Estimate says "March to May 2018." I have an email in to Tesla to see what's up- only thing I can figure is that I initially chose standard range, then when my estimated delivery leaped from "early 2018" to "late 2018," decided to go for long range and entered that preference. Maybe that put me behind a lot of people who committed to long range early on?

5. Zoomit

Zoomit Active Member

Your preference selection on the Tesla Delivery Estimate page has no influence on when you are invited to configure. Per the Tesla Model 3 FAQ: "Invitations will be sent based on the date and time you placed your reservation, whether you are an employee, if you own a Tesla, and if we have started production in your country."

• Like x 1
  6. ggies07

ggies07 Supporting Member

Maybe it's because you went to a dealership..... ;)

• Funny x 7
  7. KristenB

KristenB New Member

8. S2X

S2X Member

Tesla is about to hit the sales of 200,000 vehicles sold. After this Q1, where are we at? How many Tesla vehicles sold at this point? Are the $7,500 Fed tax incentive is still predicted to be over at end of Q3 2018?

9. Runt8

Runt8 Active Member

If Tesla doesn't do anything to manipulate US deliveries, they will likely hit 200,000 US deliveries well before the end of Q2, which would result in the in tax credit being halved October 1st.

They are estimated to be slightly over 180,000 US deliveries at the end of Q1.

• Informative x 1
  10. erthquake

erthquake Active Member

Tesla was somewhere around 178k US deliveries after Q1. It's a bit up in the air whether they can/will ship more to foreign markets in order to push 200k to July 1st. If I had to bet, I'd say Tesla just focusses on ramping Model 3 as fast as possible. That would mean the Fed tax credit would go down to $3,750 on Oct. 1.

• Informative x 1
  11. S2X

S2X Member

I hope Tesla is able to manage the sale of the 200th vehicle to be sold in July in the US. This means foreign orders like Canada need to be fill for around 2 months before any sales can be made in July in the US...time will tell

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  12. GutsyGibbon

GutsyGibbon Member

Hello! My first post here. What is the current wait time between configuration and delivery? I configured 3 weeks back, my delivery location is San Diego.

• Like x 1
  13. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

It seems to vary widely. Sometimes there is a car that matches your configuration ready to go and you get to schedule pick-up right away. Others seem to be getting past the 6 week estimate due to maybe logistics with their delivery center or some shortage of certain configs. (For instance, I heard 18" Aero wheel orders were behind 19" wheel cars for a while.)
    People started to trade notes on which body colors were getting delivered in particular weeks. I think they may do a "run" of cars in a certain color for a while before they reset the paint shop to start on the next color.

14. GutsyGibbon

GutsyGibbon Member

Thank you for your response. It would be awesome if they had a delivery estimate progress bar, like Domino's pizza. They already give us the VIN number, they know exactly what they are going to do with it. This way I can line up the trade-in and the funds to be right on time.

• Like x 1
  15. Yoda101

Yoda101 EM and TM Model3 Fan

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  16. lirandy

lirandy Member

Big thumbs up for the estimator. It estimates I get my invite today. I GOT IT TODAY!!!!

• Like x 3
    • Love x 1
  17. UZJedi

UZJedi Member

Got mine on the 15th. Was estimated for the 14th. :)

18. Knightshade

Knightshade Active Member

Heh- just for fun I checked my date... it also said today.

no email.

But I logged into my account... sure enough- ready to configure.

Huge props to the estimator, that's pretty impressive.

• Like x 2
  19. drawfour

drawfour Member

Wait, the estimator is now giving you a date estimate of when you might be ready to configure? Mine just still says May-Jul 2018.

• Funny x 1
  20. lirandy

lirandy Member

The estimator we talking about is the one in P.1 Troy created, not the one from Tesla

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.