Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 delivery estimator

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, everybody. We have the first "May 2018" estimate for AWD. The screenshot was posted by @Lump here. Until now, the earliest I had seen was July 2018 for AWD, including employees. In fact Lump's screenshot yesterday also showed July 2018 but today it shows May 2018. Yesterday, I explained why this was likely to happen here. I predict that we will soon see April 2018 for AWD.

Agreed, unless some production issues come up I expect duel motor for day 1 owners for April 2018

Think you've got your blue and green color bars mixed up. The first version to be made available is the long range battery model.

Nice chart ... but I agree that the Battery options for Standard/Blue and Long Range/Green are reversed :cool:

Oops, thanks for pointing it out. updated
(it looks like I can't edit post after a while)

Model 3 Delivery Projection.png

I just made my reservation yesterday (live in Florida, non-Tesla owner). It is saying early 2019 in the Delivery Estimator. I have a lease on my BMW 328 ending at the end of Jan 2019. I am hopefully the timing will work out... I didn't realize that they were going that far in advance for the reservations now. If knew, I probably would have reserved a few months ago.

The fed starts to run out when Tesla hits 200000 is true, but it starts to phase out, it doesn't end abruptly. It guess for 2 more quarters when gets cut in half

Not exactly. You get the rest of the current quarter and one additional quarter at the full rate. So if they hit 200k US delivers on 12/31/17 the full tax credit only goes through 3/31/18. (Where if they hit 200k one day later on 1/1/18, the full credit goes through 6/30/18.)

Not exactly. You get the rest of the current quarter and one additional quarter at the full rate. So if they hit 200k US delivers on 12/31/17 the full tax credit only goes through 3/31/18. (Where if they hit 200k one day later on 1/1/18, the full credit goes through 6/30/18.)

Pretty sure they can make sure that doesn't happen. Mark my words, 200001 will be delivered in Jan 2018. Early in the month.

I thought @Troy was estimating that they would hit it on about 1/20/18, it wouldn't take speeding up the Model 3 ramp much to that forward 20 days. (Though Elon did say that they would hold deliveries to maximize the credit.)
They were at 100,000 at the beginning of the year. Through June it was estimated that they sold 20,140 S/X in the US... if they double that and sell 40,000 in the US then they'd need 60,000 Model 3s before the end of the year. There's not a chance it'll happen in 2017. They'd have to hit their 5000 per week around October and then all the deliveries would need to happen before the end of December to count.

If they hit that stride the first week of October then the last week of December's cars would still not be delivered on time. This means they'd actually have to hit near 5000 per week in mid September due to the delivery delay. What was it 100 cars planned for the month of August...

Last edited:
This is so weird, and need help.

I logged in to my account and was presented option to select the configuration. I didnt select and logged out. I relogin and the option to configure disappeared.

Was I suppose to select the option right away?

My estimate: first production Oct-Dec 2017, Standard Dec 2017-Feb 2018, Dual Motor May-Jul 2018. Stood in line on day one in California and a current owner. We have a second model 3 order with everything pushed out a month since I only get one bump-up benefit.

I just made my reservation yesterday (live in Florida, non-Tesla owner). It is saying early 2019 in the Delivery Estimator. I have a lease on my BMW 328 ending at the end of Jan 2019. I am hopefully the timing will work out... I didn't realize that they were going that far in advance for the reservations now. If knew, I probably would have reserved a few months ago.
Remember this, a lot of people that reserved the first day wanted the performance version and will probably still get their car after you.