Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 delivery estimator

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for keeping me collecting data points.

few thoughts:
- Californians has a lot of advantage of buying AWD
- New owner in certain area has priority over current S/X owner
- Midwest has lowest priority, even compared to East Coast

View attachment 239064
Not to skew your data ....
I'm in the Midwest and a non-owner, may dates are:
Nov 17 - Jan 18 for the immediate production
Jan 18 - Mar 18 for the base
July 18 - Sept 18 for AWD

I'm also a day one line waiter so that probably has a lot to do with it.

Wait, am I the only person showing a 2019 date? I'm an owner on the west coast but I put down my deposit last week. Still though, I'm showing Q1 2019 on all three builds.

Up until today the Estimator was telling me early 2018 (East Coast, non-employee, non-Tesla owner). Now it's showing early 2019.
Estimator.jpg

Thanks, @melindav. That's very interesting. I feel now good about my predictions. On 29 July, I had a theory and made a prediction based on that:

Currently, even employee AWD estimates by Tesla are after that (earliest is July 2018). However, I predict that this will change and there will be AWD deliveries in Q2 2018. ... In short, I wouldn't be surprised if the AWD estimate you see on Tesla's website moves sooner.

Then the next day we saw May 2018 and I made another prediction:

...I predict that we will soon see April 2018 for AWD.

Now, on the form results, I see April 2018. Here is my third prediction: We won't see March 2018 for AWD. The earliest AWD will remain April 2018. If we see March 2018, then it means I need to increase cancellation rate. Currently, I have set it at 15%.

9M7GUWO.png

Last edited:
Ordered online, 3/31/16, current Tesla owner, Texas

First production: October-December 2017
Standard battery: December-February 2018
Dual Motor AWD: June-August 2018

My second reservation I made right after the first one presumably doesn't give me priority since I only own one Tesla. Here is the info as a data point:

First production: November-January 2017
Standard battery: January-March 2018
Dual Motor AWD: July-September 2018

Looks like my Tesla ownership gave me about a 1 month head start/advantage?

Thanks, @melindav. That's very interesting. I feel now good about my predictions. On 29 July, I had a theory and made a prediction based on that:

Then the next day we saw May 2018 and I made another prediction:

Now, on the form results, I see April 2018. Here is my third prediction: We won't see March 2018 for AWD. The earliest AWD will remain April 2018. If we see March 2018, then it means I need to increase cancellation rate. Currently, I have set it at 15%.

9M7GUWO.png
Troy...Tesla has me delivery estimate for the long range as Feb-Apr. Any idea when I will be invited to the actual configurator? Do they only invite a couple months in advance since there is such a backlog? Thanks.

Just a heads up for anyone who might be having the same problem as me. I put down my deposit last week and was expecting a later delivery date than most given the date of my deposit but I was showing early 2019 regardless of configuration despite being a Tesla owner and living in California.

I called Tesla today just to ask if there was some sort of glitch as I don't think there's another existing owner in California reporting a 2019 delivery date, regardless of when they slapped down their deposit. Sure enough, there was a glitch. Despite my M3 reservation clearly showing in my Tesla account right next to my P85D, the agent on the phone said that they had two separate accounts for me in the system, both with the same email address but that the Model 3 was on it's own and not showing me as an existing owner. They merged the accounts and the agent stated that should fix my wacky delivery date since the reservation will now show me as an existing owner. I'll update with the new reservation date if anyone cares.

• Informative
Reactions: JoaoD and Troy
Not to skew your data ....
I'm in the Midwest and a non-owner, may dates are:
Nov 17 - Jan 18 for the immediate production
Jan 18 - Mar 18 for the base
July 18 - Sept 18 for AWD

I'm also a day one line waiter so that probably has a lot to do with it.
And I thought it was strange that Chicago was considered to be in the Midwest.

This whole country must be in the west. Where does east start?

Reactions: dsvick