Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 delivery estimator

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
giphy.gif

• Funny
Reactions: JeffK
Yeah, that was months ago, and it appears he may have been off by a few months. What Tesla said was just 4 days ago, maybe they have more current information.)
Possibly... but in this next quarter S/X sales are still very important.
He keeps saying verbally beginning of next year too. We'll have to see if someone brings it up during the call later today.

S owner, reserved during reveal 3/31, Chicago:

Long range battery: Dec - Feb
Standard battery: Feb - April
Dual motor: Aug - Oct

UPDATE: I found out that I was not counted as an S owner in Tesla's internal system, even though the MyTesla page accurately reflected both my S purchase and 3 reservation. This is because my son used my email address and phone number as his contact information. Tesla will be merging the two accounts and hopefully my dates will move up to be more in line with what other are reporting. I'll update when the change is made (could take 5-10 days).

• Informative
Reactions: jim3cantos and Troy
UPDATE: I found out that I was not counted as an S owner in Tesla's internal system, even though the MyTesla page accurately reflected both my S purchase and 3 reservation. This is because my son used my email address and phone number as his contact information. Tesla will be merging the two accounts and hopefully my dates will move up to be more in line with what other are reporting. I'll update when the change is made (could take 5-10 days).

This is the same issue I mentioned earlier in this post except mine was under the same email address but they had two accounts with that same email address: one under Mike and another under Michael. They said it would take 2 - 3 business days to update. So far I'm still showing 2019 delivery dates for all builds. What's your reservation date and what are you showing for delivery dates?

I should add that the agent I spoke to today told me that in addition to going West Coast to East coast, Employees first to non-employees and owners to non-owners, she stated that the line could be getting even shorter as they're seeing more people that want to wait for the cheaper car. She noted that a lot of employees were opting for the cheaper car as well. So if you're willing to take first available and you're an owner, things are looking pretty good for 2017.

• Informative
Reactions: Weezer Fan
This is the same issue I mentioned earlier in this post except mine was under the same email address but they had two accounts with that same email address: one under Mike and another under Michael. They said it would take 2 - 3 business days to update. So far I'm still showing 2019 delivery dates for all builds. What's your reservation date and what are you showing for delivery dates?

I should add that the agent I spoke to today told me that in addition to going West Coast to East coast, Employees first to non-employees and owners to non-owners, she stated that the line could be getting even shorter as they're seeing more people that want to wait for the cheaper car. She noted that a lot of employees were opting for the cheaper car as well. So if you're willing to take first available and you're an owner, things are looking pretty good for 2017.

I reserved 3/31, and delivery for the first available is showing Dec 17 - Feb 18.

Based on Troy's data, I would think I could move to Oct - Dec.

Reactions: Tonymil
Hi. Some non-owners are seeing October 2017 delivery estimates on Tesla.com. This suggests that the smaller battery won't be available even for employees until November. If that's the case, the sequence shown in Scenario 2 is more likely. I'm leaning towards scenario 2 because the FAQ page also says November for the $35K version. A small number of line waiters who are not owners might get their car in October before employees and owners who are waiting for the smaller battery. Scenario 2 requires major work on the Estimator and not many people are using it. So I'm not sure.

Scenario 1:
  1. California, Employee, Model 3 75
  2. California, Employee, Model 3 55
  3. California, Owner, Model 3 75
  4. California, Owner, Model 3 55
  5. California, Non-owner, Model 3 75
  6. California, Non-owner, Model 3 55
Scenario 2:
  2. California, Owner, Model 3 75
  3. California, Non-owner, Model 3 75 (A small portion will be delivered until the 55 kWh is available in Nov)
  4. California, Employee, Model 3 55
  5. California, Owner, Model 3 55
  6. California, Non-owner, Model 3 55 and 75

@Troy

A line you may be interested in from today's shareholder letter released by Tesla: "Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive configurations will be available in the U.S. early next year."

The "early next year" deliveries may be employees only, but nevertheless implies Tesla is probably doing some degree of expectations management in its marketing/delivery estimator. (For what it's worth, I'd do the same thing if I were them for a host of reasons.)

I reserved 3/31, and delivery for the first available is showing Dec 17 - Feb 18.

Based on Troy's data, I would think I could move to Oct - Dec.

Hey Chris. Have you moved yet? Mine is still showing the same dates. Well, it's saying "Late 2018" for all builds rather than "Early 2019" but I suspect everyone got bumped down to that as their system is updating.

Hi. Some non-owners are seeing October 2017 delivery estimates on Tesla.com. This suggests that the smaller battery won't be available even for employees until November. If that's the case, the sequence shown in Scenario 2 is more likely. I'm leaning towards scenario 2 because the FAQ page also says November for the $35K version. A small number of line waiters who are not owners might get their car in October before employees and owners who are waiting for the smaller battery. Scenario 2 requires major work on the Estimator and not many people are using it. So I'm not sure.

Scenario 1:
  2. California, Employee, Model 3 55
  3. California, Owner, Model 3 75
  4. California, Owner, Model 3 55
  5. California, Non-owner, Model 3 75
  6. California, Non-owner, Model 3 55
Scenario 2:
  1. ICalifornia, Employee, Model 3 75
  2. California, Owner, Model 3 75
  3. California, Non-owner, Model 3 75 (A small portion will be delivered until the 55 kWh is available in Nov)
  4. California, Employee, Model 3 55
  5. California, Owner, Model 3 55
  6. California, Non-owner, Model 3 55 and 75
I'm leaning to Scenario 2 as well. They need the more expensive cars sold first, and, this seems easier from a production standpoint.

I last posted in this thread here (July 29) and here (July 30) that I was seeing Sep-Nov 2018 for dual motors, which I want at minimum (I actually prefer performance dual motors). I just checked earlier today and I see that I have moved up to Jul-Sep 2018 (two months improvement). Better than before, but I still want to be within the $7,500 tax credit bracket. I'm not sure if some other people see the adjustment that I'm seeing.

Untitled.png

I last posted in this thread here (July 29) and here (July 30) that I was seeing Sep-Nov 2018 for dual motors, which I want at minimum (I actually prefer performance dual motors). I just checked earlier today and I see that I have moved up to Jul-Sep 2018 (two months improvement). Better than before, but I still want to be within the $7,500 tax credit bracket. I'm not sure if some other people see the adjustment that I'm seeing.

View attachment 240932
We did.

Reactions: hoang51
Alright kiddos. I said I'd update on this. I had an issue with my delivery estimate showing early 2019/ late 2018 despite being an existing owner in Southern California. Tesla noted that there were two accounts under the same email address and on one of them my name was Mike and on the other it was Michael. The rep I spoke to said that the 3 reservation was on one account and my Model S was on the other, which meant I was being shown the delivery estimate for a non-owner. They said they'd merge the accounts and it would be all good. That was almost two weeks ago.

I've called 3 or 4 times since and each time they tell me they'll look into it and call me back. To date I haven't received a follow up call. Sad face. Today I called again, killed them with kindness and asked what the status was. The agent got an associate on the phone and they showed the account as merged but agreed that my delivery date was still off. After looking at it further they determined that I'm just being shown the wrong delivery estimate in the calculator but that I am indeed in the first wave of deliveries, right after employees.

So for anyone else that had this obscure problem, just keep calling and kill them with kindness. I'm pleasantly surprised that despite reserving on July 30th of this year, my ownership pushes me to the front of the line. I knew it got you some sort of priority but I didn't realize it would put you in front of the line.

• Informative
Reactions: Troy