Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 delivery estimator

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you want optimism from very limited data, I put in values for a friend who bought an early Model S, and the estimator said they should take delivery in 14 days. They're getting theirs delivered this week.

Yay for a single data point being 2 weeks early? I'm going to let a tiny portion of my brain extrapolate that for me, then try to ignore that tiny portion.

My delivery dates for both first production and the SR models is the same .. April 20th in Troy's estimator. I booked online on 03/31/16 and i am not a current owner. And based in CA. My question is if others are also seeing their delivery dates show up as same who have adjacent reservations.

Hi, @S3XY. I can't reproduce the problem you have described. Here is a screenshot that shows the 75 and 75D side by side.

jlSqmG4.gif

• Disagree
Reactions: dhanson865
Troy, no way to select a regular 75. Choosing it from the pull down gives you 75D In the calculation.
I think this is a google sheets thing as have this same issue but only on my iPad...always had it too and I never tried to figure out why since this awesome calculator works fine on the MacBook.

My date just got moved to the same day my state inspection comes due at the end of March.
I hope you are a few days to the good here Troy! Thanks again for providing this fun tool.

I agree with @Justmurr's explanation that Google sheets don't work well on mobile devices. Especially the droplists create a problem. Try it on a computer.

Hi, @Sheldor. The huge difference is related to international deliveries which should start in late 2018. In my version, I have assumed that if you can't make it before international deliveries start, this will cause huge delays.

By the way, I need more data especially from people who reserved in the second half of 2017. There is a tab here to add Tesla's official Estimator data.

3/31 (sometime between 6:30pm and 7:00pm) non-owner reservation holder. Tools shows April 6 as delivery date for both Long Range and Standard Range?

I thought I would get Long Range earlier?
Tesla estimates Jan to March for Early Production and Early 2018 for Standard Range.

Tesla estimates Jan to March for Early Production and Early 2018 for Standard Range.

Early 2018 sounds pretty much the same to me as January - March 2018. It looks like Tesla wanted to display the same dates too but they were just not sure when exactly SR battery production might begin. The LR/SR distinction is temporary. It will disappear in a couple of months. My guess is, non-owners who reserved after 11:45 am local time on 31 March 2016 will see the same dates for SR and LR when they are invited to configure. Let's say the SR becomes available in late February 2018. I think shortly after that Tesla's own estimates will show the same dates. They are just not sure when the SR will become available. Early 2018 implies more uncertainty than Jan - March 2018.

Of course, it would be great to design this estimator to display different dates for early reservation holders who will configure before SR becomes available. However, this feature would require too much work. Therefore I didn't add it.

• Disagree
Reactions: dhanson865