Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 delivery estimator

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In our lifetimes, I'm hoping. :eek:
It's happening. Cars are being produced in ever increasing numbers. Glitches in software are being identified and sorted out. Production problems like the roof cracks are being fixed. Any and all problems are being dealt with in a professional and courteous manner by Tesla employees. They are doing everything any reasonable person could expect from a manufacturer releasing a brand new product. The timeline just isn't what we came to expect. In my mind, in a year...maybe two this is all going to be a distant memory and Tesla is going to be one of the leading auto manufacturers in the marketplace.

All of this is why, when I take delivery of my Model 3 sometime this summer, I will be naming her Patience. LOL!

Dan

I was one of those guys who placed a reservation online just before the reveal got underway. I recently got my e-mail to configure. Problem is...I got so excited about the 3 that I could not wait and bought a S. So, now I dont need the 3 - buying it would be a downgrade from the S. I pushed the configuration into awd to buy some time, but not sure that even then I would turn in the S for a 3.
So - what to do with my position in line? Let it expire?, request refund? try to scam the system and sell that slot to somebody? buy the 3, take the $7500 and pay almost that in sales tax and then sell this new car to the world? I cant get my head right as to a good path.

Reactions: Pkmmte
Despite the estimator getting me to within 6 weeks of my Model 3 several times, now it is showing less than a month for the first time.

No invite to configure yet - hoping for that this week. (oh please oh please oh please oh please)

I want to believe. (or, if you prefer the angsty, whiny NIИ version - I want so much to believe!)

• Funny
Reactions: vinnie97
Despite the estimator getting me to within 6 weeks of my Model 3 several times, now it is showing less than a month for the first time.

No invite to configure yet - hoping for that this week. (oh please oh please oh please oh please)

I want to believe. (or, if you prefer the angsty, whiny NIИ version - I want so much to believe!)

Crossing my fingers here as well. The Model 3 Delivery Estimator had me getting my invite yesterday... :(

Not only that, but it said that my friend - who reserved two hours ahead of me - would get his invite on March 4th. Still nothing...:(:(:(

I just called to ask for my official timestamp for my reservation...and really just because I wanted to talk to someone and have them feed me whatever info I could get.
Non owner, line waiter (about 40th or so in line) in PA.
The courteous phone rep said that they talked about us reservationists calling for this info recently and that there were some who were even given times but that after some “internal review” Tesla then determined that the information wasn’t as dependable as they expected due to various factors...so she didn’t give me a time but merely confirmed that I was indeed an “early reservation holder” and she then confirmed my delivery window (March/May) and said that the goal was to have all of us “early reservation holders” get our invites by the end of March.

Anyone else surprised that some online orders are being configured before line waiters?

A bit surprised, but I think the goal here was to get a few more orders in that they could delivery by the end of the quarter, and this depended on relative proximity to the factory and adequate delivery center capacity to actually deliver the vehicles. Once we get past the whole end of quarter rigmarole they'll go back to a more sensible order again until June.

Reactions: UZJedi and Justmurr