Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Delivery Issue - US Expat living abroad

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, this is my first post so please forgive me if this question has been asked before, but I could not find it.

I am a US expat living in Dubai, UAE. I ordered the model 3 a month ago (deposit only), with a plan to pay cash for it and have it shipped to Dubai. Soon after putting down my deposit and having the car ready to be delivered, I learned that the warranty will not be transferred over to the UAE, and that there would be issues with shipping as the car is not yet available here (yet).

My question is on if there is a process for changing over the deposit to the UAE sales center, or if I need to seek for a deposit return and then rebook? I have asked this question repeatedly to the delivery teams in the US, and I just keep getting transferred to new delivery teams seeking for me to take delivery.

Also is there any direct point of contact with Tesla on deposit transfer/returns?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

It's as easy as described by the previous poster:
1. Cancel your US reservation
2. Order a UAE spec when it becomes available, which should be Q3.

Also note that US spec and UAE spec (which is virtually EU spec, software modified for the Middle East) are different, so if you planned to ship it back to US when you move back, it won't be possible.