Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Delivery on December 11, 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my lease vehicle on December 11, 2021 at the Kansas City, Missouri location.. I was issued a temporary tag that expires on January 9, 2022. I contacted Tesla to ask for another temporary tag the week before it expired and was told that they can't do that. I was told there is a problem with their 3rd party that registers the vehicle and it would be 2 -3 weeks before I would receive the registration papers so that I can register it in my state, Kansas. I was told this happened to many people. They would be willing to provide me with a rental car or pay my fines until I receive the materials. I chose neither and said I would wait.
I contacted Tesla today, February 4, 2022 and was told that at the worst case scenario I would receive my registration materials by March 1, 2022. Should I believe this?
I'm lucky I have another car to drive. I have made 3 payments on my 24 month lease and have been able to drive the car 1 month.

• Informative
Reactions: IWRBR