Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Delivery situation in New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
when did you place your order? I placed mine on 6th Jan 2022 and received my car on 16th march 2022
Has anyone got some realistic idea? I booked mine in January 2022. Will I be affected if the Price increased after I booked my vehicle?
Depends a lot where you live and when you placed your order.
  • A friend of mine and I live in the Hutt, Wellington: placed our orders on the 5th Jan - we are still wating for delivery dates. The cars were registered a week ago in Auckland, we already got the rebate. Tesla is always pushing to complete deliveries by end of quarter - we are expecting to receive the cars in the next 10 days. I'd be very very surprised if it got pushed into April. (Tesla would have report on this is their quarterly financials - and they will not want to do that).
  • Date of your order: If you placed yours' towards the end of January - you might not receive it in this quarter. (The original cut off was around 11th January .. but then was revised to about 20th January). As mentioned above, even though we are one of the last people to get a delivery date, we already received our VINs, final invoices and registrations. If you don't have a VIN yet and if it hasn't been registered yet, your car will not be in NZ. Your earliest delivery will be in May.

I’m curious if anybody else sees this in the app, and no EDD. It seems like most people overseas, including Australia don’t. Ordered 21/02.

Attachments

• 935455A5-3AFB-499F-80BD-7E167FB3C515.jpeg
    935455A5-3AFB-499F-80BD-7E167FB3C515.jpeg
    269.8 KB · Views: 400
Shanghai is still shut this will delay things further can say the EDD might move to 12 months
Bugger, I figured out from the shipping schedule that the May delivery cars will be loaded onto the NZ bound ship on the 17th April, so they have just over a week to make them and get them to port if they are making this sailing.(Assuming the ship sticks to its published schedule and isn't delayed or detoured due to Covid)

I dont think the price will be affected and delivery have been stated as second half of the year....which part of the second half is anyones guess...i ordered min early Feb and was meant to get it this week but no go.....

Oz is getting a few apparently but none for us
The Aus cars being delivered were originally slated as test drive and service loaners, which Tesla Aus turn over on a regular basis.
They have decided to keep the existing fleet a bit longer and deliver them to matching customers instead.
Assume Tesla NZ have a small fleet of their own, but it may just be lucky timing that may or may not apply in NZ too.