Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Delivery situation in New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Team, just received a notification that M3 post June won't come with radar. Does this then mean it won't come with parking sensors? Called Tesla and they couldn't provide answers.
parking sensors are doing different job and radar doing different job.
parking sensors are proximity sensors working at low distance and low speed.
radar is for following distance and vehicle detection in front of the car... works at all higher speeds... Tesla was planning to go with vision based system for some time so Radar is unnecessary hardware unused in car.... this might be the reason they might simply save the money and not include that in all new cars.
parking sensors are not going away for sure.... unless Tesla want that to be extra charges as optional extra.

I'm probably posting this question in the wrong place regarding New Zealand Model 3's...but here goes. My South Island buddy "Max" has not taken delivery of his Model 3 yet but has some concerns about the number of used Model 3's showing up.

What is the general experience of New Zealand Model 3 current owners? Have you been pleased with your purchase and function of the Model 3?

Theres been over 5000 model 3s sold in NZ since its introduction in 2019, and there are 101 on trademe with the cheapest being $57k or so (given new porice was what $62k?) , most of those listed are because they are moving to a model Y, before the Y was released there was 4 listed.

My 3 has been great

Theres been over 5000 model 3s sold in NZ since its introduction in 2019, and there are 101 on trademe with the cheapest being $57k or so (given new porice was what $62k?) , most of those listed are because they are moving to a model Y, before the Y was released there was 4 listed.

My 3 has been great
Thanks, I just passed on your response to my buddy "Max" in Dunedin (He's also got a beautiful vacation home in Twizel). We visited from San Diego
just a year or so before Covid. Looking forward to going back.

Just checking if anyone who ordered in March has received their M3 VIN no. or delivery date yet? I ordered 10 March
I ordered 19/Mar - no vin as yet. I think we have missed the next ship (Turandot due in AKL on 27/Jul). I believe (stand to be corrected) the next ship is due in ALK on 3/Sep (Turandot again). Hopefully, this is the March order shipment....

I ordered 19/Mar - no vin as yet. I think we have missed the next ship (Turandot due in AKL on 27/Jul). I believe (stand to be corrected) the next ship is due in ALK on 3/Sep (Turandot again). Hopefully, this is the March order shipment....
Good luck, I assure you it is worth the wait for your M3. Gives you extra time to get your charging situation squared away and pick up a few goodies for your new Tesla.

You're probably right about having missed the current shipment if you haven't got a VIN yet.

Its the Paganella due on the 27 July, and the Turandot is now scheduled for the 4th Sep, and I expect that will finish off all the outstanding orders from Q1 and some of the Q2 orders. (But that's just speculation, Tesla does what Tesla wants)

You're probably right about having missed the current shipment if you haven't got a VIN yet.

Its the Paganella due on the 27 July, and the Turandot is now scheduled for the 4th Sep, and I expect that will finish off all the outstanding orders from Q1 and some of the Q2 orders. (But that's just speculation, Tesla does what Tesla wants)
Thanks for the info on ships. I ordered a M3 RWD on 6 March and am currently advised via the app that delivery will be between 31 July and 14 Aug, (was 15 - 30 Aug 2 weeks ago) but no VIN number yet. Bit confused about the advice about having missed the 27/7 ship if I haven't got a VIN yet, but I will continue to keep my fingers crossed. :)

Thanks for the info on ships. I ordered a M3 RWD on 6 March and am currently advised via the app that delivery will be between 31 July and 14 Aug, (was 15 - 30 Aug 2 weeks ago) but no VIN number yet. Bit confused about the advice about having missed the 27/7 ship if I haven't got a VIN yet, but I will continue to keep my fingers crossed. :)
I have the same delivery estimate (Feb 12 order date). The VIN won't be visible until we get the final invoice, but based on your EDD you'll have one you just need to look for it. Try a 'view source' on your order page and search for LRW and you'll find it. Not that it'll make the car arrive any faster ;).
Paganella is due into Lyttelton on Monday 1st at 05:45 (Cashin Quay 1), and I imagine a few days of logistics after they're unloaded.

I have the same delivery estimate (Feb 12 order date). The VIN won't be visible until we get the final invoice, but based on your EDD you'll have one you just need to look for it. Try a 'view source' on your order page and search for LRW and you'll find it. Not that it'll make the car arrive any faster ;).
Paganella is due into Lyttelton on Monday 1st at 05:45 (Cashin Quay 1), and I imagine a few days of logistics after they're unloaded.
Excited for you. My buddy "Max" who lives in Dunedin will be traveling to Christchurch to pick up his Model 3. I've been sending him some recommendations how to prepare for his delivery as well as some "goodies" he may want to add to his M3 for a total enjoyable experience.
He didn't realize the M3 DOES NOT come with a spare tire. He has a 2nd home in Twizel so obtaining a spare is at the top of his list for any unexpected events like a flat tire.

Reactions: Audietron
Thankyou Steve - Found the VIN code. Very excited!

Reactions: Steve_Chch
Excited for you. My buddy "Max" who lives in Dunedin will be traveling to Christchurch to pick up his Model 3. I've been sending him some recommendations how to prepare for his delivery as well as some "goodies" he may want to add to his M3 for a total enjoyable experience.
He didn't realize the M3 DOES NOT come with a spare tire. He has a 2nd home in Twizel so obtaining a spare is at the top of his list for any unexpected events like a flat tire.
I am sure he is AA member, AA road service can always help take care of flat tyre and now a days replacement new tyre on road or at home...

Reactions: OldPro